BSO Flouro Peugeot Single Speed - Last update, I promise!

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just for fun -

1989 - ish Peugeot generic lugged steel frame surprisingly made in Canada. I found it down the tip and as soon as I set eyes on it, it spoke 'my first single speed'. I was only too happy to oblige.

I've had a single speed capable rear wheel hanging around for ages so I changed the spacing on the rear axle, then when I get a freewheel, the chain will line up as well as possible.

I've had the Sugino BMX 44t chain ring for years just lying around, so spruced that up and fixed it to an old 500LX crankset. The Peugeot BB axle was changed for a much shorter one to keep everything as aligned as poss. Will match the Maxxis Wormdrive tire that came with the bike.

Flouro paint has worn well and just needs a few touch ups.

Just chain and freewheel to fit plus some alignment and tweaking.

If it looks familiar, I had it in the FS section as a DIY kit but after spending the day with it, its turned out ludicrously light considering its BSO status and its been a bit of fun working on something different.

Attachments

• Peugeot SS DIY kit 1.JPG
    Peugeot SS DIY kit 1.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,232
You've got to love those old Pugs. I think it's a bit unfair to call it a BSO really. Some of them actually had reasonable frames from memory.

But that could just be the nostalgia talking... :LOL:

fingers":2x2ncve2 said:
Whats BSO??? (excuse my naivety)

Bicycle Shaped Object - Usualy with full sus sold by ASDA, Argos, Tesco etc for £79 or under.

spent my pocket money on a freewheel and bmx chain.

Did a school boy error of putting the freewheel on the wrong way round....:roll:

Anyway, been bombing around on this all afternoon - what a laugh! No gears to worry about although 44t/ 18t seems a bit tall when pulling away.

:cool:

I had a Peugeot as my first singlespeed, 531 frame etc....amazingly its probably the only bike I have sold and actually miss :(

p9060025_medium_212.jpg

48 x 16 is what you want :twisted: :twisted: :D

Running 46*18 on the KHS it seems too low to me at about 60 and a bit gear inches. Though my main ride is 69 gear inches so I guess it would...

Back