The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clockwork Orange

mark-essex":d4gfznkm said:
I'm the second owner of my Clockwork Orange, I have no idea of the exact year of manufacture. The frame is a tad small for me, I'm considering selling the bike or the frame and buying / building something else.

It's 7 speed, it has V brakes (in the same colour as the frame and forks - ORANGE!) mounted behind the front forks. The stem is also original. There are some chips on the frame that have been touched in but can still be seen.

Does anyone have any idea if it would be worth my while trying to sell the frame to fund something else, if it's not worth much I will probably just continue using it - it's not my main bike, I only use it locally for the shops etc.

Any info. would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, just to give you an idea I've been trying to sell my 1999 clockwork frame for ages on here for £50 posted with no takers :? so they don't fetch a great deal ;)

aoc1.jpg

Manitou H.T. frame+forks

dont have pics yet but i think its time to admit the Manitou F+F i have will never get built by me. any ideas what would be a fair price to ask for them?
no front mech,seat clamp,or seatpost unfortunatly.
also have a N.I.B. 3D.V. stem that would fit so would sell all at once be best or split?
dont want to let it go but no money means no chance to do anything with it all.

Haro Invert 1990

I've got an old 1990 Haro Invert that's eating space in my spare room. I'll probably strip it down (it's got Kneesaver Twos, Fusion Stem, WAL Riot twist-lace wheels (bent front axle, flat spot on rear), Graveyard pegs, GT Freestyle saddle, GT post, Xposure chainring (got the original Fusion about somewhere too) Shimano SX pedals and purple Jive Handle grips) and sell individually - how much should I put the frame up for?

Frame itself it cro-mo front triangle and hi-ten rear (Trimoly?!), has been de-stickered apart from one on the seat tube, has a small patch of flaked chrome on the underside of the downtube and has a bent fork leg (too many bad peg and smith stalls), and currently needs a bit of a polish to get rid or a little surface tarnish.

Photos to follow.

Nexave most of Groupset

I need to recoup some cash and am wondering what would be a fair start on the 'Bay for the bits from an abandoned retro hybrid prject:

Nexave 48 Hollowtech crankset.
Nexave 3x7 Shifter pods.
Nexave V's with red modualtion spring thing in 'em.
Nexave megarange 7 rear mech.
Nexave 34.9 low band rear mech.

T300 gearset, T400/410 crankset.
Can't find a Shimano number on the brakes.

Piccy:
http://eb7utg.blu.livefilestore.com...-Dv9MseSPY3j-xPTJhhsc_4uHPlVBVUO/PICT2751.jpg

Syncros polished aluminium cranks - 10th anniversary

Hi,

Referrred here from Singletrackworld forum as the best place to get an answer to my question.
I have a set of Syncros cranks - the square taper, polished aluminium type, with the 5 bolt spider, where part of the inner ring spider detaches. 10th anniversary edition logo on the crankarm.
Cranks are in good condition, been used on my town bike recently and working fine.
Question is, what are they worth? I want to sell them to fund a HTII crankset for my sons bike and redundancy on 24th Dec (under 2yrs service) means no available funds, so it is sell to buy!
Any guidance much appreciated. I can get some pictures sorted if anyone is keen to buy.

Gipiemme Techno wheels

I have a set of red annodised, aluminium bladed spoked wheels with what I believe are ceramic rims. Anyone know what these might be worth as I don't need the and need a good home. I believe that there was a BOTM STS with a set of silver ones on if that helps anyone?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

Guys,

In order to fund my desire to build up an awesome retro bike, I am going to need to gain some funds - hopefully by selling my trusty Trek Fuel 80.
I think its a 2001-02 model, I had hydraulic disc brakes fitted when I bought it and the whole thing was about £1200.
It still has all the standard Bontrager components fitted...

Any ideas on what it would be worth if I were to sell it today?

Much thanks in advance!

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 1,698
stevetait":fgtagznz said:
I just have to be realistic and start gauging what to do... its a touch too small and selling would kill me but if I cant ride it full attack then...is it worth it??

Anyway... what do you chaps think the F+F are worth, probally including headset, BB, Seatpost, Stem and M900 Fmech (2 rides old)??

Or even whole bike?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75107

Pretty sure this is my old frame, is a very nice thing but i just did'nt bond with it and never got it past the frame stage, anyway i think i asked £190 posted for the package above (modern SLX mech and an I-beam stem though), sold it about a year ago i think, whole bike maybe £250 - £300 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back