showroom or bedroom?

kanerdog1x1

Senior Retro Guru
not as dirty as it sounds.....
when building a retro bike, assuming its going to be a minter, would the general agreement be that you make the bike look like it would have done back then in the showroom, or do you make it how you would have done when youd have got the thing home?

for example, when building my os bmx(tioga f&f, zytecs, mx1000's, ms1100,etc) i worried for about 10 seconds that the stickers on the nos forks were a bit grubby. then it dawned on me that i should peel them off, as this is the first thing i would have done back then.

or, when building a "classic" dirt jump bike in twenty years time from nos 2007 dirt jumper3's and a refinished curtis super x, would i still peel the crappy marzocchi stickers off just as i would now?

good question my man peel and peel again than get new better ones to cover up the scraches before you log it to your best mate same as when your yonger :cool: lol :LOL: :cool:

That has been troubling me recently. Should i get a respray the same colour as it came out of the factory or go and have some one off, loads of ££ spray job done? What would i have done 15 yrs ago ? This is starting to :twisted:

Back