Onza HO release year?

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Howdy once again,

OK so I just had this thought going through my head...

I was looking at my KLEIN Rascal that's from 1991. And I have 2 sets of brakes that I can choose from:

1. Onza HO brakes that are NOS (and I was gonna put them on actually, before this reached my head and made me change my mind).

2. Shimano XT M734 SLR brakes that are used but I could polish them up a bit and they would be like new.

So what I was thinking is: WHEN were those HO brakes produced? Are they a bit time-correct for my KLEIN or should I go for the M734 SLR brakes that I know are from 1991 (the 1991 XT II).

Anyone have an advice? Sure the HO brakes look better (and are NOS anyway), but if they're from around 1994/1995 or something, that would not be very time-correct to mount them on a 1991 KLEIN. And since I will probably in the future get me a Zaskar (LE) anyway, Onza stuff always looks great on a GT. So I could also mount the XT's on my KLEIN and keep the HO's for my future Zaskar??

What a dilemma eh? :p

If the XT are the wide profile cantis, as I think they will be, then they may be no good on a Zaskar. Put my wide profile XT slr cantis on a 16" Zaskar frame BITD and my heel kept unhooking the straddle cable - arghhhhh no brakes! Had to put a different set of cantis on the rear with a lower profile.

biggins":1xb2dxmr said:
If the XT are the wide profile cantis, as I think they will be, then they may be no good on a Zaskar. Put my wide profile XT slr cantis on a 16" Zaskar frame BITD and my heel kept unhooking the straddle cable - arghhhhh no brakes! Had to put a different set of cantis on the rear with a lower profile.

LOL, that would be a real treat on a big downhill track :) ;-)

But Anywayz, ANYONE know the release year of Onza HO brakes? Because I can't find anything on the net either... enough info about HO brakes (that they were bought from Boulder Cycles and how the "made in Mexico" models crack all the time), but I can't dig up their introduction year anywhere.

Back