STOLEN 1994 DYNA-TECH SPECIAL PRODUCTS TORUS XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers porkypaw Judy woods is a magnet for nicked mtb's round here and your right I've never seen another Torus anywhere.

Thanks Brocklanders. This community really works to help the little man. I'm glad to have joined and hope to be of help in the future.

:shock: Gutted to hear it
I've posted it up on STW ,they are also a big forum ,the more eyes the better.

I'll also keep a look out :) ,those forks are way too distinctive .i've been looking for a pair since i bought my torus.
Put up pics of it round town or in the shopping centres/supermarkets with a reward for information and see if that helps.

Have you had a think as to who could have possibly wanted it??.opportunist,junkie,teen yob or maybe someone you've met,at a meet ,riding or in one of the shops :?

Hi dyna-ti hope you find a pair of the forks you won't be disappointed, very precise and balanced. A few points to bear in mind though the taper head bearings are an unusual size, and very expensive I've used SKS,
also there are no stops on the yolks so if you come off (as you do) the chances are the stancions will hit the frame tubes and ding them (as on the departed bike). The handlebar arms are fitted to the stancions with four tiny allen grub screws that will rust and seize solid, great care must be taken with the removal. I have a spare if you do get into trouble- taken from SP's show bike many years ago. Well thats ground control forks in a nutshell good luck with your search.

Sorry to hear it, odds are the bike is still in your local vicinity, and if stolen by an oik it probably wont be parted out. Good idea on the posters, you never know, one of the yobs gittish mates may nick it off him in order to claim your advertised award.

It's so distinctive I would hope you would stand a better chance than many in getting it back.

Good luck!

Keep an eye out at car boot sales. At least you can have some smugness in the fact that the thicko probably thought they were sus forks!

car boots- good idea lewis1641 and yeh they probably don't know what they are sat on. A reward may flush it out jerky I hope so, Keep you posted

lewis1641":1rku39hz said:
have you posted a picture on here before? i have seen a picture of a dyna tech with those forks recently. i'll check my head till i remember where. hopefully not ebay...

I posted a pic of my old Zaskar that's got those forks on it recently (September'ish?). Might be what you're thinking of.
P1010179.jpg

P1010177.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back