NWA: Farleton Fell. Saturday 28/11/09 !!!ALL WELCOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still planning on coming up Mark. What are conditions looking like? Should I fit my Soft Conditions Panaracer Dart and bring some water-wings?

sinnett177":g2efwis4 said:
No worries fela if you can't make it. Mr Ship is a possible but can only do a few hours, so might change the route to suit him a little more.
Will be there now ,just got a swap :LOL: :LOL: although a shorter route would suit me (fat lazy b@st@rd) not been out for 5 wks now shifts and bikes in bits !! although the boulder is nearly ready !! have we got a start point and is it still 10-00 ?

Rode it last Sunday on single speed and conditions were ok. So long as the limestone is dry it's comfortably ridable. The DH course was quite demanding as it's a pretty technical bit of riding. Looking forward to it now, might get up early tomorrow and have another recce.

Should be able to make it tomorrow :D Forecast looking better too. Just need to get the bike sorted today. Full route it is then Mark ;)

mr_ship":3lpetcnd said:
Should be able to make it tomorrow :D Forecast looking better too. Just need to get the bike sorted today. Full route it is then Mark ;)
Looks much better! We'll try for the full route, but will gauge the speed of the group as we descend Farleton for Kirby Lonsdale. Would ideally like lunch at Kirby Lonsdale, but if not we can discuss other alternatives.

Going to try and get out this afternoon and test the conditions :D

Some pics from todays final recce. Looks like we are set for a great days riding, conditions are boggy in places, but all ridable and generally good.

Click here

Sidewinder":30np1v6w said:
sinnett177":30np1v6w said:
No worries fela if you can't make it. Mr Ship is a possible but can only do a few hours, so might change the route to suit him a little more.
Will be there now ,just got a swap :LOL: :LOL: although a shorter route would suit me (fat lazy b@st@rd) not been out for 5 wks now shifts and bikes in bits !! although the boulder is nearly ready !! have we got a start point and is it still 10-00 ?
Me and my big mouth just got in after a double day/night shift and a 4am callout am absolutely fooked so will probably be in bed way after start time tomorrow ,sorry Mark was looking forward to this :cry: see yu all at the next one .

Unlucky Dave. Will miss you not being here. I'll get some pics up of what you've missed.

Yep 10am meet for 1030 start at Burton Memorial Hall :D

Bloody great day today. Sure there'll be some nice pics.
First ride out on the Nuke....not bad :cool: Great to meet Mark and Paul, cheers for organizing it. Great route and views, found some great new trails on my doorstep and the final downhill was awesome. Looking forward to the next one.....cheers

mr_ship":3o6519nf said:
Bloody great day today. Sure there'll be some nice pics.
First ride out on the Nuke....not bad :cool: Great to meet Mark and Paul, cheers for organizing it. Great route and views, found some great new trails on my doorstep and the final downhill was awesome. Looking forward to the next one.....cheers
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back