Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, stick to V-s and stay light and simple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BarneyRubble

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So it starts here; just picked up this frame from SuburbanReuben and the first stop is the powder coaters. Going to be a daily rider and I have some SID's from Xizang that will adorn the front end and a King headset. So far that's it!

I'll update as I go. :)

Attachments

• Explosif.JPG
    Explosif.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 5,075
Cripes you guys must have shares in powder-coating companies! I've seen far worse than that. I'd be really grateful if you could surgically remove the 853 sticker and send it to me please, rather than having it shot blasted to hell.

This frame had about a hundred more paint chips than yours when I bought it! You don't really see the repairs.

Attachments

• 1998 Explosif frame size 17.jpg
    1998 Explosif frame size 17.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 5,035
Anthony":2mbfz3n7 said:
Cripes you guys must have shares in powder-coating companies! I've seen far worse than that. I'd be really grateful if you could surgically remove the 853 sticker and send it to me please, rather than having it shot blasted to hell.

This frame had about a hundred more paint chips than yours when I bought it! You don't really see the repairs.

Nice work. Is that a 17" ??

Anthony":2yop8mck said:

I think my mate can get 853 stickers, I'll check it out and let you know. ;)

I'm getting it repainted because I never liked the Kona jungle graphics and although it looks alright in the photo it is pretty faded in places and I really want to do something "special" ;)

..by the way. I had some decals knocked up for my 1997 Kilauea by gil_m.

The set came with a Reynolds 853 decal, which I am keeping as a spare for my Explosif.

Gil therefore has them on file. Whether he'd just run off some 853 stickers I don't know, but it may be worth a try.

Re: ...

ratbane":37bx7qu0 said:
..by the way. I had some decals knocked up for my 1997 Kilauea by gil_m.

The set came with a Reynolds 853 decal, which I am keeping as a spare for my Explosif.

Gil therefore has them on file. Whether he'd just run off some 853 stickers I don't know, but it may be worth a try.

Cheers for that. Undecided as to the colour, just accumulating a few bits and bobs and spending a fair bit of time looking at a RAL chart feeling puzzled! ;)

Back