96 Fat Chance Shock-a-billy

mattpayne

Retro Guru
Hello, first post here, so hello!! :) this is mybike...

fatchance.jpg

frame - Fat chance Shock-a-billy
Rear Shock - Rissie, standard coil over in at the mo...
Forks - Rock Shox Judy SL with Englund Air inserts
Headset - Chris King
Stem + Bars - Syncros
Seatpost - Syncros
BB - Syncros Hardcore Ti
Wheels - Front Cross Max, Rear - Syncros Hub + Rim
Groupset - XTR with Flight deck
Chainset - XT with Speciaties TA Billit machined Rings
Tyres and tubes - air-b and IRC Mythos kevlar semi slicks...

im based over in essex so dont get a chance to ride much... but hoping to change that this year!

and in the boot of my car i have a rather sorry looking, alu, e-stay Rocky Mountain Experience! :)

ill post some photos up later...

and some of the Fatchance Yo...

that looks kinda lovely!! :D

Guess the Rocky is in the boot as you don't need it and looking to palm it off cheap to a previous Rocky owner who would really appreciate it and has lots of bits ready to hang off it? :?

Team Violet :cool:

You are the lucky owner of a nice stable. Looking forward to see the others

gump":1dk4874v said:
that looks kinda lovely!! :D

Guess the Rocky is in the boot as you don't need it and looking to palm it off cheap to a previous Rocky owner who would really appreciate it and has lots of bits ready to hang off it? :?

I have actually been wondering what to do with it... the GF isnt keen on the current number of bikes in the bedroom! :) i havent the heart to bin it and i wouldnt want to send it to e-bay land! :) ill post some pics up and if you fancy something different to add to your collection im sure something could be arranged! ;) :) oh, and there are some XT thumbies, XT mechs and nearly new richey 2 finger levers and canties hanging off it at the mo...

I saw the Shock-a-billy when i was in the states about 10 years ago!!! :shock: one of the guys at the bike shop i hung out at owned it, and just happened to mention that he was going to replace her... just had to be mine!!! :D

the Rissie is a lovely shock, lots of rebound damping and much less bouncy over hi frequency bumps, pump it right up and it gets nice and hard too...

Ill post up some photos of the Yo when ive finished that... :)

and im already on Fatcogs :) shock-a-billy-matt ;)

Nice looking Billy, bringing it to the retro-ride at Cannock chase? I'll be on a red Yo Eddy. :D

Back