Can anyone list the Marin range in order?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Can anyone give me a list of the 90's (and newer?) Marin range in order of spec i.e. lowest in range to top of range. Base it around quality of frame I guess, rather than kit on it.

Cheers

mid 90's stuff started with hawk hill ,bobcat trail,muirwoods,palisades,
bear valley, eldridge grade these were all steel up to 95 or so
then the ali ones started nail trail,pine mountain,indian fire trail,think there
were others in ali too
then the tit ones ,team issue ,team
then the full sussers ,nail trail frs ,team frs
this is from memory so might be a bit incorrect but the basic structure is there.
got an old cat someware see if i can dig it out

mike

First Pine Mountain was steel, above was Team Marin and Team Issue(superlight) both steel. Top of the range was Team Titanium.
First aluminium bikes they had where Rocky Ridge and Indian Fire Trail.

Alu frames introduced about 93-94

Steel from early 90s were Muirwoods, Palisades Trail, Bear Valley, Bear Valley SE, Eldridge Grade, Pine Mountain, Team, ( & then the Team Ti)

Muirwoods, PT and BV shared the same frame (cast iron). BV-SE, EG shared the same frame (Tange). PM & team shared the same frame (Tange Prestige). When introduced the two alu framed bikes shared the same frame

Muirwoods and Bolinas Ridge might have been the other way around though.

I think the two alu frames (Rocky Ridge slotted in at Bear Valley level, and the Indian Fire Trail came in at Pine Mountain level)

The first Indian Fire Trail, polished with green decals was superb.

Thanks for your helf

First of all: let me introduce myself.

My name ist Stefanie and I live in Darmstadt close to Frankfurt, Germany.

I own a Marin Nail Trail FRS wich I bought as a used bike back in 2000.

I did not know anything about the specs of this bike and I was long time searching for somebody who could tell me something about my bike. I even wrote a note to Marin US but got no reply.

Finally I found this side at "RetroBike" and I am very glad that in this thread I found something about my Marin bike.

So let me say thank you to the one who posted this note about the katalouge of the early Marin years.

Here a picture of my bike:
http://www.stef0815.de/page_1150980393303.html

Since my Elastomeres are damaged I am looking for a replacement kit. So if anybody has an idea how I can fix my Answer Manitou Comp please let me know. Maybe somebody can tell me the correct name of my rear and back fork.

Thanks all

Stefanie

is that stefanie boy or stefaine girl im not being rude i cant tell with euro names sorry any way hi and welcome to the coolest place on earth :cool:

cannondale king":1qv1t1xh said:
is that stefanie boy or stefaine girl im not being rude i cant tell with euro names sorry any way hi and welcome to the coolest place on earth :cool:

hey cannondale king...

IT´s A GIRL :oops:

And thanks for your welcome!

My introduction to 'real' mountain bikes was in a shop that stocked a couple of Marins, I had to settle for a palisades trail but lusted after the bear valley SE because it had supercool polished bars that were Aluminium. Wowzers.

Back