macretro avatar banner

clockworkgazz":2dswiran said:
riding a retro bike? Don't expect you to get a banner any time soon then kaiser ;) :LOL:

why I oughta :twisted: right retro only and nae singlespeeds and the retro wan must be decent. :LOL:

kaiser":2zfegu4g said:
clockworkgazz":2zfegu4g said:
riding a retro bike? Don't expect you to get a banner any time soon then kaiser ;) :LOL:

why I oughta :twisted: right retro only and nae singlespeeds and the retro wan must be decent. :LOL:

Well that rules me and velo out straight away!

kaiser":pw8i4mge said:
could we make up a 'sassenach' one for DrS?

And what does that mean???

I like the idea of plain MacRetro for riders and the added shield for the racers- badge of honour and all that.

Dr S":ckpjtuy6 said:
kaiser":ckpjtuy6 said:
could we make up a 'sassenach' one for DrS?

And what does that mean???

:LOL:

Sassenach
`Sassenach` is a word used chiefly by the Scots to designate an Englishman. It derives from the Gaelic `Sasunnach` meaning, originally, `Saxon,` from the Latin `Saxones.` The modern Scottish spelling is 'Sasannach'. As employed by Scots or Scottish English-speakers today it is usually used in jest, as a (friendly) term of abuse. The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) gives 1771 as the date of the earliest written use of the word in English.

Agree with all banner stuff bar one and thats kaisers statement that you must ride a decent retro steed to qualify. This sites about riding old bikes as opposed to new ones. No where does it say they must be concourse condition, thats just elitist rubbish :roll:

Show up on a retro steed at a meet, get banner.

Race on retro steed get shield.

Only get above marks of distinction if attending these gatherings riding a retro steed, condition not important as long as its safe.

10UTB will now be painful unless I can source some reasonably bouncy retro kit :roll:

You can use my Shock-a-Billy Velo. Its a size Large and will fit you a treat. Remind me nearer the time and i will post it up to you.

Back