Scott Team Racing

Danielson":393ej8tq said:
Great potential this bike. Is it me or is the seatpost bent?

look bent to me too :shock: may be the light playing tricks

Rekordform":1i2bz5u3 said:
Hi! First post!
I just bought a Scott Team Racing, I´m pretty sure it´s a -94. I´ve been reading up on old Scott´s but it seems as Scott changed the model almost completely from year to year. The one I have has a Ritchey-made frame, saddlebar and rims and a mag 21. When I look up the model I have a hard time finding information of the -94. I know that the -93 is a very different bike with Scott unishock and Scott frame and I think the -95 had an aluminium frame and that mine was the last steel-framed Team Racing. My bike looks more or less original but it would be fun if someone had the catalogue or something to help me find out what the original specs were as I would like to get it back to as original as possible!

Hi,
You're right - it's 94, but some parts are not oryginal (in specyfication You have fex rigid superlite fork, Scott AT2 bullbar, M737 pedals)
Unfortunetly this frame is very fragile - pipe walls are very thin, and it's quite easy demage them in off-road ride :cry:

About '95 - it was the last one cr-mo frame in Team Racing, still with rigid fork (but it was option with champaine Judy XC too)
In 96 there's no Team racing :shock: , and he's back in 97 with alu frame

More informations & tech specs You can see in Polish retro website - we have there scans of all Scott catalogues from 93 to 99
http://retromtb.pl/katalogi.htm
(all years in dark orange You can see in PDF)

Sorry for my English, have a good time with Your Scott :D

Oh, I forgot - here You action pic ;)
rozne7.jpg

nice

agree with erkan, the frame is not a ritchey, but it was probarly designed with the p-21 in mind, cause that was the ride tearing up the worldcup bitd.

it's probarly a 94 with swedish options or something, because I remember a bloke had one just like this, without that wicked bullbar, that just looked bonkers. The Mag 21 is a short traveller but acctually a very good fork when u get the adjustments right!

Kul att se fler svenskar här med.

Skolioza, thanks for the link!! Exactly what I´ve been looking for! (Except for the fact that it has a fragile frame!!) It seems as if the first buyer added some things to it.
I´m really curious now about the frame! It has Ritchey logos all over, maybe Scott wanted to ride on the success of the p-21 like captain8track wrote
it was probarly designed with the p-21 in mind
. I´m really intrigued! (Many Swedes on this thread, great!) btw captain8track have you got any tips regarding the fork??

re:

I acctually saw one just like it but with LX components earlier outside a small grocery store, not sure if it had the ritchey drops but I think so. if it has survived in Malmö as a courier bike or something since 93 it will probarly not break.

trying to rebuild that fork will be pretty hard today, but try some silicone sprey, and check the air in the chaimbers. u need a needle for the forkpump, it's the same for the earliers sid's. looks like a football pumpneedle, I got one from clasohlsson some time ago for my sid.

but a ritchey look a like build would be pretty cool, no one understands old junk in sweden either so finding parts shouldn't be that hard.

I might have a Judy SL -96 from a 96 Scott really short steerer, I could measure it if youre interested, really don't know what to do with it. needs some attention but doesn't flex and has some ti bolts.

Wow, thanks for the offer! (to captain8track) The fork seems kind of ok (especially for being so old), the only thing is that you´re suposed to be able to change the stiffness but that doesn´t seem to be working. I actually have the original Rock Shox-airpump but I´ve read that if you put in to much air and blow them it´s more or less impossible to find a repair kit.

About retro mtbs in Sweden, here in Stockholm it´s all about fixies and older racers no one cares about the mtbs. I hope it´s gonna stay like that for a while, I just got into this, the Scott was my ticket in and it seems like I already has got a new project. My friend bought a GT Bravado LE from -94 and the frame´s to big for him, so maybe I can build up something nice for everyday use around that frame so now I need components for 2 bikes!

(Btw, I really like the bullbar on the Scott!)

Re: nice

captain8track":20a3x2dg said:
the frame is not a ritchey,

it's not build by Ritchey manufacture, but from Ritchey materials (dropouts and pipes)

Rekordform if I only can help, I'm doing it with pleasure :)

Back