Rocky Mountain Blizzard 93

looking good. ever since i bought my rocky i have seen loads popping up. definately a good thing

lewis1641":3uync9fm said:
i saw that in the rocky thread. also very nice!

not at the moment its not!! its in bits ready for powder/polish but the bolts on the rear end are rounded so i cant get it off to polish rear end and powder front :twisted:

nporternz":jjkrh365 said:
seat tube ctc 17.5
seat tube ctt 20.0
top tube ctc 22.0
TBH, I kinda knew I was right about size 20, even though I'm many thousands of miles away. I have a ruler on my desk and to help a pal it's not too hard to place said ruler on my PC screen along the line of the tops of the tyres. It's a fact of geometry/arithmetic that there's just under 15" of seat tube below that line, so you can estimate the c-t seat tube from how much there is above the line.

Those dimensions actually look very good for you, even though size 20 might not sound too promising. The top tube of 56cm is quite short for a size 20 and is in fact the same as a size 18 Kona such as the Kilauea SE. And although you don't give the head tube, it looks to be c15cm, 4cm more than the Kilauea. That sounds like a good combination for your back. The only downside is the higher top tube - 2" higher at the back and 4cm higher at the front.

And on the geometry, the bb drop looked a bit small with the Pace on it, indicating that the Pace was too long for it. But the Pace is a long fork, so I expect it'll look a lot happier when we see it built up with that Rockshox.

Anthony":39honjbd said:
nporternz":39honjbd said:
seat tube ctc 17.5
seat tube ctt 20.0
top tube ctc 22.0
TBH, I kinda knew I was right about size 20, even though I'm many thousands of miles away. I have a ruler on my desk and to help a pal it's not too hard to place said ruler on my PC screen along the line of the tops of the tyres. It's a fact of geometry/arithmetic that there's just under 15" of seat tube below that line, so you can estimate the c-t seat tube from how much there is above the line.

Those dimensions actually look very good for you, even though size 20 might not sound too promising. The top tube of 56cm is quite short for a size 20 and is in fact the same as a size 18 Kona such as the Kilauea SE. And although you don't give the head tube, it looks to be c15cm, 4cm more than the Kilauea. That sounds like a good combination for your back. The only downside is the higher top tube - 2" higher at the back and 4cm higher at the front.

And on the geometry, the bb drop looked a bit small with the Pace on it, indicating that the Pace was too long for it. But the Pace is a long fork, so I expect it'll look a lot happier when we see it built up with that Rockshox.

yep headtube is 15cm!! good work! It certainly feels comfy on the back!!

hopefully the front wheel will be ready next week and i can take her for a test ride (without the porcs!)

That bike is gorgeous. I have the same one at the beginning stage of restoration. Just waiting to get the front end painted white and slap on the decals.

You won't be disappointed with the ride at all. I picked mine up for a steal, slapped the most hideous parts on it including a full Alivio drive train with no name brakes (which didn't reach the rims properly or stop the bike for that matter) and I rode the snot out of it for about 5 hours. It corners like a rail and whips back into a perfect line. You'll love it!

Before there are any complaints, the bike will not sport those same components. Full XT and Syncros........like it should be. (maybe a stock RM bar since the syncros flat bars seem to be with the dinosaurs in the Alberta oil sands)

bagpipes":1e1hr31q said:
That bike is gorgeous. I have the same one at the beginning stage of restoration. Just waiting to get the front end painted white and slap on the decals.

You won't be disappointed with the ride at all. I picked mine up for a steal, slapped the most hideous parts on it including a full Alivio drive train with no name brakes (which didn't reach the rims properly or stop the bike for that matter) and I rode the snot out of it for about 5 hours. It corners like a rail and whips back into a perfect line. You'll love it!

Before there are any complaints, the bike will not sport those same components. Full XT and Syncros........like it should be. (maybe a stock RM bar since the syncros flat bars seem to be with the dinosaurs in the Alberta oil sands)

just got a raceface turbine crankset for her too! and front wheel is almost built so will update soon - looking forward to seeing yours!!

here is an update - porcs and raceface cranks added!

jut gotta bolt up the brakes and cable it up!!

Attachments

• 12122009.jpg
    12122009.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 896
Back