Cool Wall - Raleigh

• Cool

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Big vote for uncool here

Sorry but got 'overtaken' by pretty much every bike company

I'd like to see a vote for Baker/Clarke era team Dynatechs specifically. If the C-26 and Etto helmets can have specific entries, why not particular Raleighs? FWIW, I'd vote a "cool" for those bikes, even though I went "uncool" for the brand.

They never quite made it did they... :roll:

When I was a kid the Tuff Burner was cool and I wanted one.
BUT the there was always a kid with a Kuwahara who was the coolest MF on the block – suddenly the Burner looked very drab...

The story of Raleigh if you ask me. Uncool.

Very funny to read that most here vote uncool because of the quality. In my opinion those two things are not even remotely related, a good example that was given is the M3 and M5 (which btw I think are mega cool...). The heritage discussion is a bit more confusion, as I think that being an older brand makes you often uncool (as cool is often defined by younger generations who want new and fresh (again, often regardless of quality)), but being here at Retrobike does change this somehow.
In that respect, I don't understand the analogy made with Rover and MG, as these are real classics even though quality wise they have been always inferiour to other brands like the germans. I certainly have great appriciation for them, even though I had major problems with my XJ (same crap), but on the look out now for an SD1 (o yeah, shoot me...)
That all said, cool is a statement that is defined by a group and not an induvidual, so I only can say: I love them! Cool vote from me!

btw, I ride my Maxlite HT3 with pride for the past 10 years and it perfoms very well.

uncool from me
they were like the british motorcycle industry
they ignored the threat from abroard ,they just sat on their arses and
by the time they realsied it was too late
the truly inspiring stuff like the choppers and ..well choppers
were ralieghs top cool stuff but the crap they built as mountian bikes
were dreadful BSO right enough

Back