Request : 1991 Saracen catalogue scan please!! SORTED!

That is the year that my Saracen lust reached it's peak. My local shop had the green and orange trekker hydrotech in stock and I went and looked at it whenever I could. same year I got my Ltd Edition, so it has similar graphics. :cool:

:shock:

Excellent work
star.png

That sneak peek has brought back so many memories!

This has got me very excited, just seeing these bikes as they were takes me back half my life :roll: But wasnt it good, those bright colours and groovy decals ........ the best :cool:

Good luck with the visit Neillll , Would be nice to fall onto some decals or drawings of decals to get re-pro'd ;)

To me the Red and Green on that Trekker Competition is just to die for :cool:

Gravy Monster":25i0xbwa said:
Would be nice to fall onto some decals or drawings of decals to get re-pro'd ;)

Sadly that probably wont happen, Saracen circa 2009 has been bought as a brand by Madison....nobody from the original company is still there anymore but I will ask if any decal artwork still survives when I visit.

I may have hinted at this somewhere but its now a reality....I now have a personal invite to Saracen HQ next week and they are allowing me to take my Netbook and scanner in for the day to scan ALL the vintage Saracen catalogues in their archive

I don't know how many they have (I suspect its everything) but i'll be starting at the beginning and working my way forwards. If this can all be done in one day then cool, if not i'll have to go back for a second visit.

After this i'll have a HUGE pile of images to tidy up, crop, stitch together etc. but the end result will be PDF copies of each year all hosted on my server and linked here Very Happy

It might take a while, what with Xmas looming and spare time is always a premium in my world but i'll get them on here as fast as I can people

neilll":2bdfihgt said:
I may have hinted at this somewhere but its now a reality....I now have a personal invite to Saracen HQ next week and they are allowing me to take my Netbook and scanner in for the day to scan ALL the vintage Saracen catalogues in their archive

I don't know how many they have (I suspect its everything) but i'll be starting at the beginning and working my way forwards. If this can all be done in one day then cool, if not i'll have to go back for a second visit.

After this i'll have a HUGE pile of images to tidy up, crop, stitch together etc. but the end result will be PDF copies of each year all hosted on my server and linked here Very Happy

It might take a while, what with Xmas looming and spare time is always a premium in my world but i'll get them on here as fast as I can people

One word: Legend! ;)

Looking forward to this Neilll. You'll have to drip feed some more teasers throughout December in the style of an advent calender, with the full 1991 catalogue PDF available on Christmas eve.

Then we'll have to put together a Saracen owners ride.

drystonepaul":2sahpz3k said:
Looking forward to this Neilll. You'll have to drip feed some more teasers throughout December in the style of an advent calender, with the full 1991 catalogue PDF available on Christmas eve.

Then we'll have to put together a Saracen owners ride.

Should have some PDF's ready by then....I have posted an update to this on page 36 of this thread: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... &start=525

Back