1993 GT Zaskar 14,5" (new pictures update 16-7-2011)

too true

That made me laugh, your dead right i can remember that advert now myself, and that video swung it for me too..allthough i have never been able to do stuff like nohands ray, it definatly improved me as a rider and made me even more fearless..when you know youve got such a beautifully balanced strong and agile bike beneath you anythings possible..if even most of it is in your imagination lol...big up the Zaskar!

Is had been a while since my last update.
My 950 STI had died, and I was looking for replacement.
950 shifters are hard to find and I use my bike frequently, so I needed good shifters.
Sorry te say , the're not oldschool. Neither is my riser. But is rides great.

After a mudbath yesterday I had to polish my bike all over again.
Time for some new pictures.
Hope you like it :D

And at the bottom a picture of my freeride Zaskar. Also full 950 XTR but with HS33 brakes. ( with 9sp 950 shifters :cool: )

specs:
Frame: GT Zaskar 14,5" 1993
Fork: Rock Shox SID Wordcup
Headset: Chris King Mango
Stem: Kore
Seatpost: Race Face Next SL carbon
Bar: Race Face Next SL carbon riser
Grips: Odi Ruffian Lockon
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Brakes: Shimano XTR 950 v-brake
Shifters: Shimano XTR 970
Derailleurs:
front: Shimano XTR 950
rear :Shimano XTR 953
Crancks: Shimano XTR 953 with TA chainrings
Pedals: Shimano XTR
Tires: Schwalbe Nobby Nic pacestar 2.1
Wheels: Velgen: Mavic Crossmax XL

pics:
005-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

002-5.jpg

006-2.jpg

98cc1a41.jpg

New update of my 16" Zaskar 1995
From Mavic Crossmax Enduro to Crossmax XL (just like my other Zaskar :D )

Sorry for the bad quality of the photo

98f58ba8.jpg

Re: funny old world

If with "no hands ray" you mean Hans no way Rey... Same for me! I saw it on Eurosport in a trial competition with a 94 or 95 blue anodized Zaskar and i just wanted one. Never know which size Rey used in those bikes and only 16" or above was avaliable in Spain. It also cost a fortune (all the savings of a 16 yrs old boy) but I went for it. Now I think it was a 14.5" frame or a non-public works frame. I still have my Zaskar, searching for a smaller frame and a proper fork (now is built with a huge White Bros., altough rides fine!)
noodles22uk":3u1qwet3 said:
I first saw one when looking at a mountain bike magazine at my mates house, no hands ray was on the cover riding a 14.5 inch alloy zaskar le, i knew at that moment, that i had to have that bike..so thats what i did..the rest is history as they say.

Attachments

• DSC00519_2.jpg
    DSC00519_2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 655
Back