Cool Wall - Raleigh

• Cool

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Neil":1tvmzty4 said:
sinnett177":1tvmzty4 said:
Hovered between the cool and uncool buttons for some time. Voted cool in the end. Purely because I think my Raleigh is cool, but I can fully understand why people would vote uncool bacause of all the dross they also produced.
Yet weren't you of the opinion GT isn't cool?

Something is not like all the others, there...
Is it possible to vote your own pride and joy as 'uncool'?

Btw, GT are definitely less cool than Raleigh.

sinnett177":3r30tjv7 said:
Neil":3r30tjv7 said:
Hovered between the cool and uncool buttons for some time. Voted cool in the end. Purely because I think my Raleigh is cool, but I can fully understand why people would vote uncool bacause of all the dross they also produced.
Yet weren't you of the opinion GT isn't cool?

Something is not like all the others, there...
Is it possible to vote your own pride and joy as 'uncool'?
Definitely.
Btw, GT are definitely less cool than Raleigh.
I struggle to reconcile any ratinale behind that, that makes any kind of sense.

jez-4-bikes-max":28frzu4k said:
Uncool doesnt mean cr*p.

Cool doesnt always mean good either! :LOL:
Granny... eggs...

That what you've wrote, ain't the point - I'm struggling to understand the thinking, the rationale, that some people had for (wrongly) believing GT bikes weren't cool, to thinking that Raliegh bikes are.

MikeD":2vnwm3kq said:
They still utilise the Raleigh badge - so yes they are the same.

They're both owned by the same umbrella company, but they have really nothing to do with one another. Huffy bought the rights to the Raleigh USA name in 1984 and since then they've been going their own ways. The relationship between Raleigh UK and Raleigh USA is exactly the same as that between GT and Cannondale.

Some Raleigh USAs were still produced in Nottingham even prior to the Derby group buyout.Further I seem to recall Raleigh UK distributing Techniums in the early 90s. Whilst they are certainly seperate I would perhaps argue the relationship is somewhat closer than GT and whoever, esp given the commonality of Derby.

MikeD":2vnwm3kq said:
But as John says, choose your own criteria. I've already voted anyway :)

Indeed, think we're thinking about this one a bit too much :D

Neil":m0rusm6g said:
jez-4-bikes-max":m0rusm6g said:
GT AREN'T cool :D

(sigh)
Overruled, and irrelevant to a thread about Raleigh bikes ;-)

Neil, please stop exciting yoursef about GT. It's finished. Over. Done.

Neil":m0rusm6g said:
I'm struggling to understand the thinking, the rationale, that some people had for (wrongly) believing GT bikes weren't cool, to thinking that Raliegh bikes are.

When GT have the same heritage and history Raleigh have had let me know :LOL:
Although to be fair Raleigh have prodcued some crap.

To be fair the Raleigh Moonshine was quite nice - pink and purple neon frame, Reynolds lugged 531 tubes, Full XT group. Straighblade rigid 531 forks. Was a nice bike for its time and good value.

Didnt fetch much tho :(and yes, gate-like due to HUGE sizes they produced them in...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3D1&_rdc=1

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
John":1ymvmuna said:
Indeed, think we're thinking about this one a bit too much :D

I was thinking about Activators a bit too much earlier and I threw up in my mouth a little bit.......

That GT vote is going to haunt this site for years to come BTW.

sinnett177, I normally have great respect for your knowledge and opinion, and you have some lovely bikes, however today you are clearly out of your mind.

Back