Sunn Crosss un999

northerncromb

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone, just thought i would put some pics up of my latest retroaddition:

Would be pleased if anybody has anymore info on these as i cant find much on't web!
How much new?
Standard spec list?

I got it free off one of my customers who was going to take it to the tip?!!!!! Nooo i said - i will have it!
It was in a very bad way :cry: component-wise it was only worth saving the forks, front wheel, headset, stem & seat clamp
So i stripped my LTS and built this up
Just need a retro 26.0 seatpost - anybody??
Thiking of putting the triple clamp Rockshox DHO's from the LTS too at some point just to soften the front end a bit. what do you think?

PB240004.jpg

PB240010.jpg

PB240008.jpg

PB240006.jpg

PB240005.jpg

It's a great frame. Forks are tidy on it too. I would never put triple clamps on a rigid frame, personal choice but I just don't see the benefit. If you are going for forks, I'd go Z1's or Z2's. Personally, the forks look great as they are.

Did that stem come with it or from your LTS? It's a x lite "fly" I believe. Just bought one off here for £30. Amazing stem.

Wouldn't change much with the bike mate to be honest. One of hte best looking I have seen on here for a while.

The bike came with the original unbranded black stem, i swapped it for my X-Lite Fly off the LTS - i used to work at x-lite (muc-off) so managed to get one off the last made Fly stems!
I also have an X-Lite DHR stem in black i was thinking of using, but it just didnt look right.

Without sounding at all patronising, if you go with new forks I would keep those rigids back in case you decide you want to go back to basics. A lot easier then sourcing a new pair!

The Sunn frames were designed to use very short travel forks (40mm sun obsyss) Triple clamps would be far too OTT.

The frame looks identical to my Sunn Totall UN, except for the fact mine is a soft tail (small elastomer on the seat stays to offer a whopping 10mm of plush travel.

P1010239.jpg

Yes I know the forks are more than 40mm travel, but atleast they look good :p

nicely rescued sunn. i too wouldnt fit the big rock shox to it. looks great as it is

Thanks guys!
decided not to bother with the fork change, may look at some small travel forks in the future - but will keep the rigids if i change them.

Nice bike Jerky - i like it! Does yours take a 26mm post too? Would you have a spare??

Does anybody have any idea how much these things were when new?
cheers.

Verry nice!

I like Sunn's, especially those chrome-like ones.

Good rescue and enjoy the bike. As for the forks, don't put a dh fork on a bike like this.

northerncromb":vkxv5rwl said:
Thanks guys!
decided not to bother with the fork change, may look at some small travel forks in the future - but will keep the rigids if i change them.

Nice bike Jerky - i like it! Does yours take a 26mm post too? Would you have a spare??

Does anybody have any idea how much these things were when new?
cheers.

mid range bike
FUJI Double butted frame
catalog weight in 45 11.6KG

don't really know about price at time but possibly not enormous as equipement ( FSA crankset - ESP 7.00 sachs centera hubs rigida rims ) was mid range

see catalog 99 - click on small picture to see relevant page

http://www.le-jurassien.com/sunn/catalo ... mmes99.php

It's a bit older than Jerky's bike. It has flat dropouts , while Jerky's has the hooded variety. A '97 ?
Nice though, and those forks are very nice looking!

Back