Cool Wall - Raleigh

Cool Wall - Raleigh

• Cool

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It was with a heavy heart I voted uncool
Childhood memories from the late 70's through to mid 80's says cool, but by the 90's mtb boom they'd lost their way & cool :(

North America saw some nice Raleighs, the Technium range were actually pretty cool - this Chill is a very nice example:

IMG_0867.jpg

But I can't forgive them the Activator, not just horribly heavy but awfully ugly too - the leak that started the BSO flood.

All we say is that the vote is on Raleigh

But which Raleigh? They're completely separate companies, with completely different and unrelated product ranges. You might as well post up a Kona as an example of why Raleigh is cool as that Technium or the Tomac bike ;-)

MikeD":b6g7uyrq said:
All we say is that the vote is on Raleigh

But which Raleigh? They're completely separate companies, with completely different and unrelated product ranges. You might as well post up a Kona as an example of why Raleigh is cool as that Technium or the Tomac bike ;-)

They still utilise the Raleigh badge - so yes they are the same.

Also sad to say Uncool. I loved my first ever bike (a bmx style thing called a Raleigh Boxer) and the Dynatechs are nice machines, but the activator and activator II started the cheap suspension trend that has ultimately made the bottom end of the market such a horrible place to be. These crap bikes put hundreds of people of cycling because they think they've bought a bike, but actually have a BSO.

Hovered between the cool and uncool buttons for some time. Voted cool in the end. Purely because I think my Raleigh is cool, but I can fully understand why people would vote uncool bacause of all the dross they also produced.

sinnett177":1hlrmpbg said:
Hovered between the cool and uncool buttons for some time. Voted cool in the end. Purely because I think my Raleigh is cool, but I can fully understand why people would vote uncool bacause of all the dross they also produced.
Yet weren't you of the opinion GT isn't cool?

Something is not like all the others, there...

They still utilise the Raleigh badge - so yes they are the same.

They're both owned by the same umbrella company, but they have really nothing to do with one another. Huffy bought the rights to the Raleigh USA name in 1984 and since then they've been going their own ways. The relationship between Raleigh UK and Raleigh USA is exactly the same as that between GT and Cannondale.

But as John says, choose your own criteria. I've already voted anyway :)[/quote]

Back