Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ringo's Orange P7

• mike_eb's KHS Montana

• Total voters
mechagouki":3u7z50fx said:
There's your XT:

That would be your actual Shimano M700 Deore XT "Deerhead" brake lever unless I'm very much mistaken.................

Dr.S, please don't take this as a personal attack - your bike is one of my favourites in this BOTM, I just think that the initial concept for this BOTM may be somewhat flawed.

Sorry, but i didn't spot the levers. I've been busted :oops: :oops:

will now have to console myself by watching more Billie Piper Videos on YouTube (with the sound turned down of course) :roll:

sorry everyone there where some stunning bikes this month but the khs montana got my vote for some reason it just looked so good on the beach with a beer bottle mount on the stem and for some reason other than that i just really like it :cool: :cool: :cool:

cannondale king":3ff8goc6 said:
sorry everyone there where some stunning bikes this month but the khs montana got my vote for some reason it just looked so good on the beach with a beer bottle mount on the stem and for some reason other than that i just really like it :cool: :cool: :cool:

Shucks :oops:, thanks.

The stem makes it for me too; this bike is now about a pound in profit too. As an added bonus to get it going smoothly so I'd actually take it out I learned to true wheels. It has been getting 50/50 ride time with my Vitus so has been a value build.

This will probably be my only shot at BOTM for a long time due to renovation and mortgage commitments. After my niece's bike is finished I am going to confine myself to helping friends sorting their bikes out for a while.

I have voted for the same bike two months in a row! Ed's Fire Mountain just squeezed out the Dawes. In the end it was the colour and I'm hoping to curry favour with Ed so that I may learn to shred too!

rc200ti's 1991 Kona Cindercone for me. The epitome of mid-range. Plus I nearly bought one but went for a Trek instead. Odd decision, in retrospect ;-)

Iwasgoodonce":34pzxh0p said:
I have voted for the same bike two months in a row! Ed's Fire Mountain just squeezed out the Dawes. In the end it was the colour and I'm hoping to curry favour with Ed so that I may learn to shred too!

A man of consistency and rare taste, I'll take you under my downhill wing at Cannock I promise.

(Now where can I find 14 other lunatics to vote for the Fire Mountain in the next few days?)

Iwasgoodonce":3r69k1dp said:

How can the Dawes be squeezed out because of the colour, just look at it :D

Seriously though, i'm so chuffed the old girl has done so well, owned her from new, have done many 1000's of miles and she was treated to a rebuild back to OE just recently :D

!

This is stupid, one's even got a light bracket on it... this isn't retro to me this is just old bikes. Retro is those bikes you couldn't afford when they were new, not bikes you never wanted

Re: !

webby":2b4cojlu said:
This is stupid, one's even got a light bracket on it... this isn't retro to me this is just old bikes. Retro is those bikes you couldn't afford when they were new, not bikes you never wanted

Many of the bikes entered this month would have been just about attainable if i saved every penny and begged for the rest. The usual exotica would have been just a dream, so to have just one month dedicated to those attainable bikes doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Latest posts

Back