Al Carter who is he? son of Jimmy?

alpgoat

Dirt Disciple
I recently aquired a bike and the frame was marked Al Carter ,it was deore lx thoughout and bars stem and seat marked with this guys name.
Rthe frame was good Tange db and it had rigid forks.
Anyone any ideas? :?

No idea TBH, but i so nearly got one either at the same time as my shogun trailblazer or GT tequesta.

Looked like a great bike on paper and in form

Al Carter were something to do with Emmelle which was the trading name of Moore and Large.
They were Taiwanese made and branded over here.
My training partner had a Black Panther which had Deore DX throughout and a decent Tange frame...... goog bike for the money.

Disco Drive":eh6ested said:
Al Carter were something to do with Emmelle which was the trading name of Moore and Large.
They were Taiwanese made and branded over here.
My training partner had a Black Panther which had Deore DX throughout and a decent Tange frame...... goog bike for the money.

Spot on thats it now i remember, just before my mate and i bought a GT Karakoram and Tequesta we both weighed up the al carter and decided it might be a bit naff, sure its not though. Just the Emelle bit put me off, and really fancied the GT :)

al carter

well looks like its an emmelle bike then rebranded ,thanks guys for that ,
Now who is he ? Thought up name ,just could not find anything on Googlre.
There was a usa champ called eric Carter ,but no Al ,strange that , could be amade up marketing spin ?
:?

Aluminum frame, at the time the MD who thought of the 'up market' Emmelle was Robin Carter. Hence, Al Carter.

Latest posts

Back