The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clockwork Orange

I'm the second owner of my Clockwork Orange, I have no idea of the exact year of manufacture. The frame is a tad small for me, I'm considering selling the bike or the frame and buying / building something else.

It's 7 speed, it has V brakes (in the same colour as the frame and forks - ORANGE!) mounted behind the front forks. The stem is also original. There are some chips on the frame that have been touched in but can still be seen.

Does anyone have any idea if it would be worth my while trying to sell the frame to fund something else, if it's not worth much I will probably just continue using it - it's not my main bike, I only use it locally for the shops etc.

Any info. would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Attachments

• cimg3029x_202.jpg
    cimg3029x_202.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,606
What are my surplus wheels worth?

Silver DX Rear Hub - DB Spokes - Mavic 217 CD

Black LX Front Hub - DB Spokes - Mavic 217CD

Bearings and Freehub are in fab nick for their age - These are pre parallax style i.e. the skinny apple core centres, rear is 135 and front is standard.

I was thinking around the £80 mark for the pair

16in Diamond Back WCF frame. decent condition?

20092009004_large_192.jpg

Re: Clockwork Orange

mark-essex":lm815oli said:
I'm the second owner of my Clockwork Orange, I have no idea of the exact year of manufacture. The frame is a tad small for me, I'm considering selling the bike or the frame and buying / building something else.
It's 7 speed, it has V brakes (in the same colour as the frame and forks - ORANGE!) mounted behind the front forks. The stem is also original. There are some chips on the frame that have been touched in but can still be seen.
Does anyone have any idea if it would be worth my while trying to sell the frame to fund something else, if it's not worth much I will probably just continue using it - it's not my main bike, I only use it locally for the shops etc.
Thanks, Mark
I'm pretty sure that's a 99 Clockwork, with the backwards-pointing front Vs, although it could be a 98. They didn't really work strictly to model years, but the stem looks like the 98 model. Post up the serial number from underneath the bb shell and we can tell its age from that.

The Clockwork has a brilliant double-butted steel frame and essentially anyone who sells one is slightly crazy, because it is under-valued by the stupid market, so you won't get as much for it as it's truly 'worth'.

The only issue about that particular model is that I have an idea that the reverse fork was an aluminium item. I never understood that because Orange's steel rigid forks were superb, and already quite light, so why lose the comfort just for a few grammes? I could be wrong about that, but I remember being surprised at the time. I only mention it because if you decide to keep the bike, a decent period suspension fork off ebay might improve it no end.

The 99 catalogue is here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... 1edeca35d9

GT STS DH

what should I ask for the frame alone? Its in good condition,all bushes are good, rear shock works well ,750 (red) spring, no chips cracks breaks dings etc Frame is good to go 17" Frame.

Early 90s Marin Palisades

Hi everyone, looking to put this early 90s Marin Palisades on ebay when stumbled across your forum.

Measured the seat tube and it's 17" top to bottom.

How much should I sell for? Any offers?

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 2,232
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 2,232
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 2,232
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 2,232
Re: Clockwork Orange

Anthony":14y9ok4d said:
mark-essex":14y9ok4d said:
Thanks, Mark
I'm pretty sure that's a 99 Clockwork, with the backwards-pointing front Vs, although it could be a 98. They didn't really work strictly to model years, but the stem looks like the 98 model. Post up the serial number from underneath the bb shell and we can tell its age from that.

The Clockwork has a brilliant double-butted steel frame and essentially anyone who sells one is slightly crazy, because it is under-valued by the stupid market, so you won't get as much for it as it's truly 'worth'.

The only issue about that particular model is that I have an idea that the reverse fork was an aluminium item. I never understood that because Orange's steel rigid forks were superb, and already quite light, so why lose the comfort just for a few grammes? I could be wrong about that, but I remember being surprised at the time. I only mention it because if you decide to keep the bike, a decent period suspension fork off ebay might improve it no end.

The 99 catalogue is here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... 1edeca35d9

The frame number is MT80600913. I'm now led to believe that it is a 10th Anniversary edition, it has a clock on the decals that is pointing to 10 o'clock.

I might decide to sell it, I just need to find another bike to replace it with first!

Thanks for all the input. Mark

Re: Early 90s Marin Palisades

threesixty":20s9ngut said:
Hi everyone, looking to put this early 90s Marin Palisades on ebay when stumbled across your forum.

Measured the seat tube and it's 17" top to bottom.

How much should I sell for? Any offers?

it'll probably fetch 50-100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back