What is it about certain categories on ebay?...

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
As we all do, I deal quite widely on ebay and on the whole don't have a lot of grief, but what grief I do have is always trainers/ sneakers related.

Photo gear - no problem, always cordial, decent folk.
Bike gear - at worst tight, at best friendly and often turn out to know some of the same people.

But bloody trainers. Got another one today. Asking if I can contact the guy that has broken into his ebay account and sort out ith him why he has robbed him of funds and sort it out for him.

Every other trainer sale (I should say I have a Nike collection of hideous shoes from the heyday in the mid nineties), just turns into a frankly poor attempt at conning money/ shoes out of you.

So, here we go again. When they've all gone, I'll be glad to never deal with trainer folk again. (no offence to the odd decent one I have dealt with here and there).

Rant over (or at least postponed until the next garbled email I receieve from matey).

Gus, my advice is don't ever sell pushchairs! I sold a few recently and you wouldn't believe the inane stupid questions you get asked!

how many pushchairs can one person have? Are you a pushchair pusher?

;)

And then I always feel bad for being stern with the said buyer. If paypal screws this up, i might call it a day - getting tired of the impossibility of not being able to get in touch with the all seeing eye with no ears that is ebay.

Believe me, mobile phone buyers are far worse.

Much like Public Transport, eBay is another medium through which i have far too much contact with the general public. I wish you could filter bidders by newspaper read. If i could eliminate all Tabloid/Daily Mail readers from bidding on my items i'd have far less hassle.

Perhaps that sounds harsh.... :?

Wu-Tangled":15sj5kfm said:
how many pushchairs can one person have? Are you a pushchair pusher?

i think we collected about 5 between the age of 0 and 3 years with my first son and of course we HAD to have the new models with our second!

Tallpaul":29q7yjfm said:
Much like Public Transport, eBay is another medium through which i have far too much contact with the general public.

LOL.

Swore (often and loudly) that I'd never work with the public again and there I am every day dealing with more of them than I ever imagined unfortunately possible.

I don't know...Although the Sun runs the country nowadays, they do get a special commendation for flying a radio controlled plane in circles round David Blaine when he was in his plastic box near Tower Bridge, dangling a hamburger from it to tempt him!

Genius.

:LOL:

Nope, the Sun yields no respect from me.

The lies they printed about the Hillsborough victims and their families were disgusting. I accept that Kelvin MacKenzie was largely to blame, but that kind of Tabloid journalism should hold no place in any society.

Tallpaul":360y3amw said:
The lies they printed about the Hillsborough victims and their families were disgusting. I accept that Kelvin MacKenzie was largely to blame, but that kind of Tabloid journalism should hold no place in any society.

Utterly aggree - something for which I'm not sure he even apologised did he? He didn't sound very apologetic or remorseful when I heard him speaking about it a year or so back on radio.

but I'm sorry, the hamburger dangling from the radio controlled plane was a stroke of genius. To have a budget for such nonsense in such a large company deserves some respect even if it is Murdoch.

With you on all other aspects of tabloid (ahem) journalism though.

:)

I look at the pictures in the Sun and read The Times online everyday - doesn't make me a bad person ( i think :?: )

I read whatever has been left on the chair next to me on the train home which is usually rubbish freebies...

...and it i'm lucky a copy of Heat.

:D

Back