How to Shred Like Ed - a masterclass

sinnett177":3rprqwea said:
Do you have any tips for those hindered by suspension or tyres larger than 1.9"?

Yes, get a proper bike, see above for details.

Seriously, riding a bike with suspension and/or wide tyres is rather like facing a fast bowler while wearing a box - it looks like the same experience but it's anodyne rather than visceral. And I'm all about the visceral.

It sounds like tall talk, but I have witnessed it (before he sashayed off into the distance, like a Cougar after its prey - or vice versa, I forget)

Seriously, riding a bike with suspension and/or wide tyres is rather like facing a fast bowler while wearing a box - it looks like the same experience but it's anodyne rather than visceral. And I'm all about the visceral.

I think I might prefer to protect my nuts :shock:

John":gm45wqq1 said:
Stem looks a touch short on the ibis.

Thanks John for pointing this out. You are right though.. it only was a 145mm...

Maybe that's why sometimes I 'climbed' of the bike at the front/over the steer while riding down hill on only my front wheel. :oops: :oops:

...no pictures of that 'rare' occasion... sorry... :D

this ticks so many boxes:

long stem

crap brakes

short forks

etc etc

zaskar_reynolds_127.jpg

Your so wrong LGF. You need a short wheelbase to go with the 150mm stem, straight blade forks, 1.8" tyres with 50 PSI and narrow flat bars. A twitchy back end is what I think Ed is alluding to.

2009_0505cromegaDX0005.jpg

i believe in fixies":1h35uswe said:
We need a Retrobike makeover thread.

Riding skills and bike set up - Ed

Matters of sartorial elegance (glove and sock selection) - Wu

Such a thread could turn into a forum of its own.
http://www.dandyism.net/
Which I found by accident while looking for a hepplewhite sideboard for my gentlemens club inspired man cave.

Back