Pace RC100 (the 1st freewheel catalogue advert)

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Finally got the 1990 freewheel catalogue through the post tother day, and I reckon this was the first places we all saw a picci of the pace RC100

sweet ➡️

pacead1.jpg

Nice One saw you where on It........My first one was a polished frame with a Shimano endless front mech......Like you say still some features on it I haven't seen.

yup, mainly after it for the Kestrel MXZ ad but this was a bonus

seen the differences then - cables underneath, that funny thing in the corner of the front triangle thats like a gusset, black fork dropouts & a different bullseye crank.

still looks better than any of todays bikes eh ;)

1991 freewheel mag on the way too soon :)

So where was pace's west yorkshire factory, ive always known them to be in kirby moorside, north yorks. I hadnt realised they started elsewhere.

JeRkY Oxenhope, West Yorkshire. Duncan MacDonald also worked from a workshop in Appleton-Le-Moors North Yorkshire prior to that so suspect first frames/bikes built there.

In case any body's following this..... Grease nipples......all the ones I've seen have one on the Head tube and Bottom bracket.

I bought one when i saw that advert! I had to wait about 3 months for it to turn up, but it was well worth it.

The frame number was either 242 or 247, I think it was one of the last ones produced as i read somewhere (MBUK?) that they only made around 250 - 255 RC100's. I got it from BIKE at the top of Park street in Bristol.

Hope they made a few more I own frame #295 bought in Bristol Feb '07 # 296 bought from retrobikeguy in March '06 #297 bought in Cambridge '01 from the original owner who bought it on the 25-4-91 in Romford Essex My original polished one #107 stolen in '00 bought that in 96/97 that originally came from Sheffield.

Back