Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
To tie in with the 'Gold Trader status' we have updated the classified rules and guidance. Please take the time to read them and comment if you wish> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17697

The main updates are
-trying to place some of the onus for a trade back onto the buyer and seller
-suggest you do not use paypal gift
-suggest exchange contact details
-made clear all we can do in case of issue is chase the other party and ban if appropriate

Although we will endeavour to help when things go wrong if you haven't been arsed to read or arsed to follow the guidance this will obviously not be looked on favourably.

Nice work.

The one guidance that isn't followed vary often which i find a little annoying is leaving the price on when something is sold. It's usually delete and replaced with SOLD. No biggy, just annoying when searching for a rough price to sell something for :roll:

Easy_Rider":1p3gb2c5 said:
Nice work.

The one guidance that isn't followed vary often which i find a little annoying is leaving the price on when something is sold. It's usually delete and replaced with SOLD. No biggy, just annoying when searching for a rough price to sell something for :roll:

Yes, agreed. I do mention it when I see it but still it happens....

cool, except that most people don't bother to leave positive feedback in my feedback thread. I've bought and sold well over 30 items on here...oh well :LOL:

GoldenEraMTB":1jd7j34z said:
cool, except that most people don't bother to leave positive feedback in my feedback thread. I've bought and sold well over 30 items on here...oh well :LOL:

Yes, we want people to USE the feedback forum .Hence this update and the gold trader status.

No reason you can't chase people for feedback on old transactions...

John":1zy7n085 said:
GoldenEraMTB":1zy7n085 said:

Yes, we want people to USE the feedback forum .Hence this update and the gold trader status.

No reason you can't chase people for feedback on old transactions...

It's hard enough chasing people for items or chasing after items, and contacting people. I go through my RB mailbox to empty out old messages/transactions every few days, since it reaches three pages/100% weekly.

Perhaps I'll place a reminder in my FS thread :?

Gold Trader Status

Excellent idea. After the dorsetbikeloving issue a few weeks ago I trawled through my previous For Sale threads and chased a few people up to leave me some feedback, Good or Bad!! Just asked them to be honest. Most replied to this request, A few are still in my Outbox which makes me think that the email these members used in registering aren't used that often if indeed ever, this has made me suspicious of these members regarding possible purchases FROM THEM in the future

I then made sure I did the same and left feedback where due. Even creating a few Feedback Threads where none existed. Took about an hour but I think everyone needs to take this on board as it will be an excellent way in getting rid of scams and bad trading.

The option of Paypal Gift is always a calculated risk with new members selling but sometimes the desire for THAT PART can cloud our judgement. New members bring new parts and we just need to use a bit of common sense when purchasing from them, speak with them on the phone, etc. Problem with common sense though is that it's not very common.

Any steps that can improve trading safety is welcomed BUT as ever BUYER BEWARE should always be remembered

John":1yjcsz5o said:

John, what are the real expectations with respect to feedback particularly feedback which is neutral or has negative elements?

I've obtained a reasonable amount of parts etc from people on here and apart from one item, nothing has not been received, turned up damaged or misrepresented, but for some things I'd prefer to give no feedback than positive, neutral or negative in an open forum where feedback may be misinterpreted.

John, I am fairly new to selling (just the one so far) although I have been a member (of this site) for sometime now.

What's the issue with PayPal Gift as a lot of ads seem to request payment in this form (as did I)

Thoroughly enjoy the banter on the site. Top work

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back