Some good bargains.

Yeah, thats it, thanks!

Mine has a couple of M730 things on it rather than M732.
The forks aren't straight either (although in the picture they don't look straight!)

Everything else is the same though, even the tyres and oversize brake cables!

The Manchester tips you can't really go and look around, but if you go backwards in time to a Derbyshire dump they often separate anything they think might be of value and put it in the for sale area.
I bought an electric motor from there once, I needed one for a potato peeler and then sold it for hundreds! Another time I managed to find all the parts I need to make one of those height adjustable seat posts!

I'm not one of those that hangs around down there though!

Rampage":3jruwzyw said:
Mine has a couple of M730 things on it rather than M732.
Yeah, the guy on the page I linked to was being a little lazy with his part numbers. Shimano never made an M732 crank or front hub, for example - neither was changed from the M730 model, so they kept the M730 serial number.

Same spec then :)

Apart from mine has Specialized front chainrings.

I might get round to starting work on it soon!

:shock: :roll: :roll: ... Well thank you very much for sharing that with us,, :roll: :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Two words.. SKIP RAT..... :LOL: :LOL:

Nice find... :roll: ... think I need to set up base camp at the local tip :LOL: :LOL:

I can also recommend your local rubbish dump (recycling centre as its called down here) All bikes are sold at £10 each. I called in 3 weeks ago and picked up a 1995 Specialized Hardrock GSX, all that was needed was air in the tyres( could benefit from some new bar grips tho') and it's now in regular use.

Happy hunting ! :D

Devonpaul":3nzac5lg said:
I can also recommend your local rubbish dump (recycling centre as its called down here) All bikes are sold at £10 each. I called in 3 weeks ago and picked up a 1995 Specialized Hardrock GSX, all that was needed was air in the tyres( could benefit from some new bar grips tho') and it's now in regular use.

Happy hunting ! :D

where in devon are you mate? im inplymouth and i heard that chelson meadow stuff is now being sent to cornwall, so where would i get recycled bargains?

Back