Early 90's GT project

Cocktail_Dave

Retro Guru
Hi, im obviously new one of my mates has been telling me to get on here for some time so here i am.

This is my old gt, it has undergone some work oer the last couple of years i.e respray etc, the new plan is to restore it fully to period parts.

it currently runs Deore DX thumb shifters and brake leavers, stx front mech, deore lx rear mech.The brakes are not the best a set of tektro mid 90s v brakes.
The wheels i had built in 1995 mavic 230 TIB rims on stx hubs with onza porc tyres the chainset currently fitted is a shimano biopace not the one pictured.
Shocktech front forks & a dcd, im looking for a flexistem to go on the old girl and i have just got a set of period handle bars and x lite stubbys.

cheers dave

Attachments

• P270108_1749.jpg
    P270108_1749.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,408
gt

aye,

Not a bad wee base to build on :D

Always liked the shocktech forks, remember a mate af mine having a set back in the old skool ..

sort of manitou esk look eh

peace out

i belive the shocktech forks are based on the same platform as the manitou, i recently serviced them and replaced the elastomers and i think the packaging said hey fitted both sets of forks.

Welcome-another local boy. I'm another fan of the forks. Were they brit made?

lewis1641":2h6b4w47 said:
Welcome-another local boy. I'm another fan of the forks. Were they brit made?

im not sure about where they are made, if anyone can shed any light on this let me know.

cheers for the comments hope to buy some parts off here to build up the spec, hoping to use it a little more and put the new stuff to one side for a bit.

Back