South & West Midlands Chat and rides

Where you been??

See your naughty ... If you had your location on profile young lady you would of had an official invite to the south midlands group!! :LOL:

daj":1xefpe07 said:
Where you been??

See your naughty ... If you had your location on profile young lady you would of had an official invite to the south midlands group!! :LOL:
r
i've been in Cornwall the last week or so!

My location is on my profile -
Ross on Wye is in Herefordshire.

So are you up for Ed's hilly road ride?

75 miles !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats beyond those 100Km thingies the audax crew collect and he said its not a heads down peleton affair.

I'll stay up here in MacRetroland for our Xmas Bash in Glasweeji land in a warm pub with 20 beers on tap oh yes :D

Sorry i though road bike riding was a good idea if 75 miles is whats on offer, back to being old and unfit I think, blimey :roll:

Ross on Wye is in Herefordshire.

So are you up for Ed's hilly road ride?

Very valid point!! After 146 pages of scrolling locations my eyes were tuned for counties!! :shock: :oops: :LOL:

I think I will tackle one of Ed`s rides in the new year, Havent been out on my road/hybrid contrapation for ages!! :roll:

velomaniac":2e1tpf2u said:
Sorry i though road bike riding was a good idea if 75 miles is whats on offer, back to being old and unfit I think, blimey :roll:

75 miles isn't on offer (and it's 70 anyway ;) ) but is just an option along with some much shorter ones. And if we did the 70 mile loop it wouldn't be quick, likely with stops and lunch to average about 11-12 mph which, on a road bike, is pretty modest.

Obviously we all want different things from meets whether on or off road but I'd struggle to justify driving 50 miles or so for a 20 mile road ride but that's not to say that it wouldn't be just wat others want.

Again I invoke the spirit of Costner, build it and they will come. And if they don't then I'm back to cycling on my Jack and situation normal is restored.

I can't make a ride this side on the New Year but would be up for something after that.

I don't mind a road ride (if I can ride my new boardman roadbike) otherwise happy with a retro ride.
I'm hoping to get out to Cannock for the Xmas ride - should be a hoot.

Dave

Thanks for the invite on to this forum sounds like a good idea.

I'm in moreton in marsh so pretty much on the border of Glous, Oxfordshire and Warwickshire.

I would be up for some retro mtb action once i've assembled one of the piles of parts that are sitting in the garage.

Keep me posted - also anyone know of a good place to get wheels built around here?

Moreton in Marsh??? Thats 5 mins from my home!!!

And a Zaskar man!! :cool:

Let me know if you need a hand with your pile of parts??

small world :!:

I still polishing it at the moment but some help with the U brake would be much appreciated when I get to that stage - too much haste and speed when I took it off means I don't have the foggiest how it goes back on!

Do you ride anywhere local to here?

Long Mynd today, with a descent of Minton Batch could make the basis of a really good group ride although you have to like climbing!

Anybody local to there fancy organising something?

Attachments

• Taking it to the Salopians.JPG
    Taking it to the Salopians.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 458
  • Dork and Myndy.JPG
    Dork and Myndy.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 458
Back