1998 DMR Trailstar

cyfa2809":amfau9un said:
i dont think i ves een those wheels before most da bomb items have the iron cross on, do they? how much were the wheels? hehe cheap! £350 isnt cheap! although for that frame is a good price, what size is it?

the wheels in the photos are mavic D521's on deore hubs. i havent any photos of it with the Da Bomb wheels. i got the wheels off the bay for £50 hardly used and in really good condition. there were no marks on them at all.

these are the wheels ive got http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19425 although the stickers from the rim have been removed from mine

the frame is a 15.5 its a bit on the small side for ride that involve a lot of up hill, but as a short travel DH/play bike its brilliant.

ive recently fitted a slightly longer DMR conrod stem to it which has given me a bit more space. Ive ditched the Da Bomb Recoil chain guide to and gone for a twin and bash set up.

maybe i should get some up to date photos and start a thread on it. its getting more interest than i ever thought it would.

Mobes":yb69f9i8 said:
sam264":yb69f9i8 said:
really nice build, love the blue on orange :)

Also that da bomb build is interesting too, going for a slopestyle kind of thing? how are those society xenos? i'm wanting a pair...

The xeno's are lovely forks. for the money cant go wrong. these are the 100mm version. since ive fitted the new wheels im now on 20mm front axel with the 36mm stantions the fork tracks really nice with no flex
awesome :) i'll probably get some at some point for my street/jump build. There's a photo, in case you're interesed

pbpic4170773.jpg

Mobes":1q3hjgmp said:
maybe i should get some up to date photos and start a thread on it. its getting more interest than i ever thought it would.
Do it, i'm really interested in them as they're a relative newcomer and are fairly cheap but they're apparently great quality. That would make an awesome slopestyle/jump bike if you singlespeeded it and took the front brake off :)

sam264":hxhv96wa said:
Mobes":hxhv96wa said:
sam264":hxhv96wa said:

Also that da bomb build is interesting too, going for a slopestyle kind of thing? how are those society xenos? i'm wanting a pair...

The xeno's are lovely forks. for the money cant go wrong. these are the 100mm version. since ive fitted the new wheels im now on 20mm front axel with the 36mm stantions the fork tracks really nice with no flex
awesome :) i'll probably get some at some point for my street/jump build. There's a photo, in case you're interesed

pbpic4170773.jpg

thats nice! what frame is it? very similar style to my DMR. i would like to eventually change my DJ3's over to xeno's as well. maybe go for the 80mm ones for that

Mobes":1ggr4638 said:
sam264":1ggr4638 said:
Mobes":1ggr4638 said:
sam264":1ggr4638 said:

thats nice! what frame is it? very similar style to my DMR. i would like to eventually change my DJ3's over to xeno's as well. maybe go for the 80mm ones for that
cheers, it's a mongoose (i know, right??!!) ritual, really nice frame, not the lightest or strongest (look carefully, had a crack on the rear seatstay on the brake rotor) but it was cheap and the geo is good :) looking at new front wheel, pedals, seat, post, stem, bars and forks in the hopefully not too distant future!

i've cut the steerer down since the photo by the way!

or strongest (look carefully, had a crack on the rear seatstay on the brake rotor)

Yer that was standard with the Ritual that year. Find someone to weld the crack up and put a little triangle shaped gusset just infront of the brake mount. A mate did this to fix his and was charged about £5 to get it done of a local welder. For the price of them they are very nice riding little frames.

Back on topic the DMR looks excellent in orange.
Pip

Pip":3cqrs8uv said:
or strongest (look carefully, had a crack on the rear seatstay on the brake rotor)

Yer that was standard with the Ritual that year. Find someone to weld the crack up and put a little triangle shaped gusset just infront of the brake mount. A mate did this to fix his and was charged about £5 to get it done of a local welder. For the price of them they are very nice riding little frames.
lol yeah had it brazed a few weeks ago and he put a little gusset on the brake mount, sorted... for now.

A couple of part changes so new picture time :)

Ive bought a blue DMR swarm stem, blue chain, FSA CNC 34t chainring and a black USE seat post (thanks Sithlord :) ) and to top it all off a black Charge spoon.

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg
[/img]

Revised Spec :

Frame: 1998 DMR Trailstar

Fork: 2009 Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 3

Headset: FSA PIG DH
Stem: DMR Swarm
Handlebar: Club Roost
Grips: ODI Longneck

Brakes: Hayes HFX9
Cranks: DMR Crisis ISIS