Another Bicycle 'Who Am I?'

It's my 1993 Yokota Yosemite. I've always said Yokota offered some very nice and very underated frames, and the Yosemite, El Capitan and Half Dome are excellent sleeper frames that would make any VRC guy take notice. Seriously guys...probably more than any other mainstream builder, Yokotas offer a lot of nifty features and quality frame tubing options. Heck, Show some details of the frame on the board here and the possible ID guesses returned include Ritchey and Rocky? Good company, I'd say, and the frame is easily the equal of a good Kona or Bridgestone, if not better. This frame is a 93, and the tubing is Columbus OR. The welds are as perfect as they look in pictures. Very nicely put together.

Anyway...after a billion months of the thing just hanging on the wall, I'm launching the map-bike paint project. The bike will be a three color fade with TOPO sheet detailing of the principle geographic features of Yosemite National Park.

The bike lost it's clear and decals this weekend, and is in primer prep ready for paint. Then I'll detail the map features by hand and shoot it with clear.

I'm waffling right now on removing the rack mounts. I'm usually against such butchering, but the little ears on the dropouts really scream to be chopped off.

Latest posts

Back