White grips?

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi, I was just wondering about something...

As some of you know one of my builds is a white/black/silver themed KLEIN Rascal :cool: :D Now I was thinking about my handlebar setup (well, I'm at work so what else to think about hehe)... I'm gonna use a NOS KLEIN MC1 bar/stem combo, have NOS XTII thumbies on it and I just got me some NOS XT M733 canti brake levers too. So this is just about all black.

So I was wondering, is there something like WHITE mtb grips?? Because I think it would be pretty cool to have white grips on it. This way I'll have a black handlebar/stem, it has white "KLEIN Mission Control" on the stem, black levers/shifters (well, kinda black since the thumbies have silver as well), white grips then... a sliver headset and black SwitchBlades to finish it off.

So, do they excist? WHITE mtb grips? Have been looking around on e-bay 'n stuff but mostly see white BMX grips there. And don't think they would do for use with thumbies because of the uhm... upstanding edges?? (or how's one say that in English?).

Anyway, advice is welcome...

Void(EN12-82)

GT grips

5a_1.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Clear grips?

Always thought they look ace and have been stocking up recently on several pairs ready to put on all my bikes with a few to spare when they run out. Only issue is if you have scratched bars, but if you have a nos mc1 setup this isn't an issue.

Other than that you could stick with some black speedgrips (with proper yeti man plugs of course!) to keep it low key and black up front...?

Ha! I used to have those grips on my avalanche, but they were really long and wrapped around my bull-horn bars! Got dirty sooo quick;y though and looked awful. They were incredibly sticky in the heat and my gloves were always covered in marks and bits of peeled rubber...!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
retrobikeguy":3behedam said:

Yeah I came across these... but somehow the look like the kind of grips that you'll find on those little pink girls bike (age 3 - 6) :oops:

Of course clear could be an option as well... any pics of how that's gonna look?

Of course clear could be an option as well... any pics of how that's gonna look?

I'll have clear Porcipaws on my Hyperlite soon.

I'm going to do what I did backintheday and stick the Onza stickers that you get with the Porcipaws on the bar under the grips.

:cool:

I've put some clear yeti speed grips on my non-retro klein recently (and before you say, yes i know my bar ends aren't the same angle... :oops: :LOL: )

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

Image001.jpg

Void(EN12-82)":2f3iq2b2 said:
Yeah I came across these... but somehow the look like the kind of grips that you'll find on those little pink girls bike (age 3 - 6) :oops:

Ooohh no - you gotta try them Void...Oury's are wonderful grips> Really cushioning and grippy and last a long time. Very popular with SS'ers. Been running them on my hardtails for years.

If you need some, I have a friend that distributes them (but over here - UK).

:)

@Wu-tangled: Hmmm... so maybe I'll try em then? I mean they're on e-bay all the time for about 10 bucks (in dollah, so that's about 6,50 euros hehe).

@mojo: Hey dude, did you notice that your bar ends aren't the same angle... hehehe :twisted: :D :LOL: :p

Back