Chaser's Saracen Project

Well, it's nearly finished.....

Still waiting for the RC31's

Did a trial build with the RS Judy's and I think the head angle might be a bit slack even with the RC31 @ 420mm. I recon 400/405 would have been perfect.

I hope handling is ok after all this effort/expense :?

Looks quite a stunner no though, I'll get some pic up asap.

Still waiting for Thomson seat post too... none in UK, 6 week wait :cry: so I got a cheap one to be going on with.

Cheers,

Chaser.

Well, it's nearly finished.....

Still waiting for the RC31's

Did a trial build with the RS Judy's and I think the head angle might be a bit slack even with the RC31 @ 420mm. I recon 400/405 would have been perfect.

I hope handling is ok after all this effort/expense :?

Looks quite a stunner though, I'll get some pic up asap.

Still waiting for Thomson seat post too... none in UK, 6 week wait :cry: so I got a cheap one to be going on with.

Cheers,

Chaser.

Here's a quick pic....
Cheers,
Chaser.

Edit.... Sorry pic won't attach using iPhone.
I'll do it later on my PC.

Finally finished the Saracen [enough to ride anyway] :D

I am still waiting to get a better saddle and the Thomson SP is 6 weeks away :cry:

Here is a pic I took on my phone while on a ride on Sunday...

I know I should have took some decent pics before I got her dirty but I could not wait to get out, even in the filthy weather.

Rides like a dream, very light too - feels much the same weight as my Scott Spark so I am guessing 22.5 -23lbs

I'll take some better pics this weekend.

Thanks to all for the advice about finishing kit, forks etc... and for following this build.

I think the bike really does pay homage to the latter part of the glory days of Saracen.

Attachments

• saracenbuilt.jpg
    saracenbuilt.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 902
Nice result Ian. That looks a real rider and as you say a homage to good old Saracen. Get some close up pics up if you find time between rides!

Back