Ibis Mojo '95 - update 16-07-2014

I do have a Judy-Englund setup in my Yo. I think it works fine, but I am not really interested in the working of suspension. Flaws of suspension forks bother me more, like less precise steering. I recall the Englunds contain a little set (allen) screw in them. With that you could adjust damping. I never tried it with mine, but if I would I would probably adjust it to harsh, like I tend to do with all my forks.

Where did the oil come from? My Englund work entirely without oil.

Elev12k":3ccj31r2 said:
Where did the oil come from? My Englund work entirely without oil.

My Englund damper was oil filled. I didn't check inside the fork yet, but since there is no other place it can come from, I believe it's the Englund damper...

The damper is a thin (about 9mm, I think) and 14cm long (or something like that). I don't have pic's yet...

Now there's this on the Bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Damper-Kit-with...Cycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item20ae2e39f1

Anyone familiar with these ?
How do they work ? Do they fit properly ? Can I ajust the damper ?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Here is a damper as I have one. Except this in combination with steel springs. My M3 uses the elastomers.

Attachments

• M3 Englund damper.jpg
    M3 Englund damper.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 2,473
:cool: :cool: ...things go fast this weekend...

I just clicked on eBay.co.uk and found this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Answer-Manito...sure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item3ca772edb7

..took me a minute to decide.. Maybe not the best choice, I'll see how it looks. Otherwise it ends up in the ched waiting for the next project. That might be a '96/'97 frame, so I can use the Hershey Longnecks..

Pic update comes when the EFC arrives in my mailbox..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the compliments on the color.. :D :D

Back in those days it was just to expensive for me to have it custom painted in this color. As I remember they quoted $300 extra for that.. :roll:

About Manitou 3

If you do not like the blue in your built (I'm afraid I agree with others)
and you still want to keep it period correct there was a Black Manitou Comp or Sport in that time..
Lowers should fit all Manitous (but I'm not 100% sure about that)

Try this

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-MANITOU-MAG ... 1e5994118e

kid1313":1vq9y7z8 said:
If you do not like the blue in your built (I'm afraid I agree with others)...

I bought an EFC a few weeks ago, but I think the red and yellow in the fork doesn't fit with the rest of the bike, so...

....I decided to go for an M4. One is on it's way to my home as we speak.

The 'new' M4 is almost NOS. At least that was stated in the ad. If I receive it, I take a look and see how I like it. I think it needs an overhauling. I was thinking about a Wings spring/damper set so it's not to springy.
The M4 has a little less bleu in it. And a bit bleu is OK, since the frame isn't white as it looks like in the pic's. It's actually ice bleu.. :cool:

Next thing are the rims. I have contact with a fellow RB'er about some silver Sun 0 degree rims. These are 1996. The rest of the bike is practically all 1995/1996.

The NOS Joe brakes came in last week. OK, they are the wrong colour, but is gonna change to green (re-ano).

There's only one thing by than that needs to change and that might be the bar. Now the stem grips a Easton EC70. I like this bar, but don't know what year they came. Does anybody know ?
I take a look every once and a while for something else, but don't know what it might be, as it should be US-made (as the rest of the components). A Ritchey ProLite WCS is an option, but these are a bit risky with bar-ends (I have experienced BITD).
Maybe an other option you know about that's US-made and realy lightweight ?

Oh yeah... to be real correct: Is there anybody that can deliver some (lets say 64) Wheelsmith spokes in the right length ?
By the time I know if it's gonna be the Sun rims, I can post the lengths I need for the wheels..

BTW, thanx for the ideas about the fork. The M-sport might be an option, but I want to keep it high-end also..

:oops: I know, lots of things to keep in mind (US-made, '95/'96, high-end, color...)

I am quite certain those whole Easton line up of parts came later. At least at our side of the ocean.

A black Control Tech?

Why fear for bar ends with a particular bar? Are you planning to hammer this bike with Manitou among more not so hard core orientated parts?

Latest posts

Back