South & West Midlands Chat and rides

we cant have a inter group ruck after 10th post?? :LOL:

What can I say .... Noone else wanted Shropshire!!! :LOL:

Life's more fun with the occasional ruck.

More likely no one wanted the rest of ya. :D

Us Salopians (being a pragmatic and considerate lot), will take you under our wing and show you what hills are. ;)

On a more serous note.

Can't wait for some Retro rides at a location near home. :cool:

Checking in.....

If you'll allow me to ride my Kula Primo with modern bits on it then I'm up for a hack with folks. Usual haunt is Forest of Dean, but would like to explore a little further afield.

My 99 Orange Clockwork is patiently being worked on so the Kula's all I've got to ride at the mo, unless you count my wife's £200 ridgeback weight of a tank circa 99 - still trying to convince her of the merits of a better bike but she's attached to her ridgeback bless her.

In negotiation about an FoD ride at the moment, more later when there's a bit of firmness.

I'll also post up if I'm doing a ride near me, likely to be at short notice but if anyone wants to come along it'll be a couple of hours of mostly rooty singletrack with the likelihood that we'd meet no cyclists and sometimes no one else at all.

Oh yeah, and I'll take on all the Salopian buggers now, come on down :evil: (is that ruck style enough?).

Oh yeah, and I'll take on all the Salopian buggers now, come on down (is that ruck style enough?).

Yeah !! Right behind you Ed !! :shock: :LOL:

Been rough as a badgers bottom this weekend, But going to try and get over to warwick for a sunday ride.

I went out this afternoon on my own around Warwick (about 20miles) and it was as pleasant as it can be when it's chucking it down and blowing a gale.

Let us know when you can make it over and I'll try and get out/re-arrange the usual 8am ride.

Ok, proposing a short notice retro road ride from Hereford on Saturday 5th December, 10.30 a.m. from my house - hone fitness for Cannock and let's rip these other guys legs off :evil: . The following choice of routes depending on weather and what everyone fancies:

1) Hilly 35 miles - plenty of climbing, very quiet roads, great views
2) Undulating 53 miles - enough climbing to satisfy the mountain goats, still plenty of country roads
3) Hill climb special - 70+ miles that includes a good section of Ride Option 1 but also takes in the legendary Gospel Pass where stunning views are guaranteed. Can include some superb flapjack in Hay-on-Wye.

Expectation is that a retro road bike is ridden although interpretation of what that means lies with the individual. Suggest a compact or triple would make sense for routes 1 and 3. Post ride cake, tea and biscuits provided.

Please PM me if interested stating preferred route and I'll update a rider list here.

daj":azwd34ij said:
Blmey 75 miles!! Id be needing christmas to recover!! :LOL:

Doesn't have to be the longer route, happy to go with what anyone attending wants, just offering a few suggested options.

daj":2xgx8l95 said:
Hello everyone!!

So roll up people, Who else do we have in the south Midlands? :cool:

So - Herefordshire is now South Midlands is it?

I'm up for a ride sometime - FOD is on my doorstep but I'm more familiar with the roads in that area than off road routes.

I'd be up for Ed's road ride but sadly don't have a retro road bike. If a modern bike is allowed to sneak in I'd do either of the shorter rides. I've ridden Gospel Pass a couple of times and the road back from Hay but have never done the whole circuit.

Back