what was the one thing you most regret ..............

terryhfs":2tktwz8p said:
That said, a lot of things - if you really, really wanted them, you'd have bought them. The fact that you didn't meant that you probably didn't want them *that* much. Part of my theory of life (not yet peer reviewed) - stuff you really want to do, you do. If you find a reason not to do something, you don't really want to do it.

I think there is a degree of truth in that there statement.

orange71":2tqkr0c9 said:
the Kona Explosif that Russell ended up getting £55 BIN... can't be dischuffed, went to a good home...

:oops: Sorry!

If its any consolation, Although it was totally original apart from the wheels, most of the parts were proper f****d and only suitable for binning. I can't afford/justify speccing it out with another XT groupset etc so the frame is now built up as a singlespeed awaiting a re-spray :)

I need some specialized hubs for my '84 Stumpy and I've only ever seen one pair for sale anywhere, they were NOS. I didn't win them and they went for just £50., gutted

Oooh and that Saracen Trekker that went for £2.20, That was stupid, I used to live on the Isle of Wight so I should have had that. Friends could have got it for me :( Idiot.

1) Not bidding an '96 X-coded 19" Adroit from ebay.fr few years ago. Went for under 350€ to some chap in the UK. It had a Judy SL which was a turn-off for me.

2) Not having the money back in ~1998 when there was a sweet '95 Nightstorm Attitude (with lightnings also running down the forks and handlebars) in ebay.com. If I remember right, it went for about 1000 USD. Too bad I was a uni student back then.

I hope that the following won't become my #1:
I won a Klein Adept hybrid from ebay.com about 1 month ago but the seller has not yet got any shipping quote for me. The "Pay now" option has already closed in ebay site, etc. At least the shop is communicating with me... Hopefully I'll get the bike eventually... If not - *sob*sniff*sob* then I'll have to buy Merlin Extralight or Klein Adroit as a revenge...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
for me it was a claud butler spectra 500lx best bike i ever had my ex GF gave me the chose her or the bikes i chose her then we parted a few months after. there was one on flea bay a couple of months ago right size colour everything but i bidnt bid and it only fetched 80squids

This, last night:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

And my wife currently in San Jose, could have been shipped to her hotel and brought back in her suitcase.

Went to bed and didn't bid because I thought it would go beyond my £300 budget. Bugger!

Stilll hopeful on the XTR M900 shifters and levers though.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Madcowkev, I'd quite happily have that dodgy cannondale with all its campagness, can't believe I missed bidding on it!

The one that got away...

About 8 years ago I walked into a sports consignment store here in Vancouver, B.C. and one of the used bikes caught my eye (despite having a panier rack and various other commuter accutrements). Upon closer inspection it turned out to be a well used 18.5" 1990-92 Rocky Mountain Altitude (Team eidition - Yellow/Red - wishbone seatstay), gripshift and a 1st generation Paul Turner Rock Shox suspension fork.

I believe the price at the time was somewhere in the neighbourhood of $750 Canadian $, or roughly 300? GBP.

I also remember thinking: "Damn, that would make a mighty fine restoration project, but it's 1 size too large for me. Oh well, I'll find another just like it in a 17 inch frame"

Well, I was deluding myself by thinking I'd come across another in ANY size and still I'm kicking myself to this day.

ouch.

It basically looked like this but with the original Rock Shox fork. (pic stolen off the net):

Attachments

• 5356altitude1991_med_572.jpg
    5356altitude1991_med_572.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,036
andrewl":brhvqp8j said:
terryhfs":brhvqp8j said:
That said, a lot of things - if you really, really wanted them, you'd have bought them. The fact that you didn't meant that you probably didn't want them *that* much. Part of my theory of life (not yet peer reviewed) - stuff you really want to do, you do. If you find a reason not to do something, you don't really want to do it.

I think there is a degree of truth in that there statement.

What do they say..? Regret things you do, not things you don't?

My regret is selling a blue Ringle Zooka 1" Aheadstem a month or so ago :twisted:

It went to a nice Fat Yo, but now I realise I need/want it for my Clockwork project :cry:

Never gunna find another one.. :roll:

Back