Cool Wall - GT Bicycles

• Cool

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Actually - just to reiterate - this is a poll/debate about the "brand" GT not about the Xizang or the Avalanche or the Backwoods or the STS etc specific models...

Jez that post is a little bit hard to understand

A brand get's its identity from the products it produces which in turn give a brand it's image. Image and 'coolness' however are relevant to the times in which we live.

By making a brand NOT COOL then how can any bikes that a Brand produced ever be classified COOL, makes nonsense.

I can give you some reasoning behind why I think GT are cool.

Triple Triangle - Gimmick? Perhaps. But an iconic trademark nonetheless. A GT HT is instantly recognisable (as long as it is a Triple Triangle ;))
Gary Turner
Full Suspension - RTS, LTS, STS. All three designs were cool and showed a boldness and ingenuity in design. Maybe flawed but as were a lot of other designs of the era.
Availability - both in numbers and price. These bikes were available to mere mortals, who although they could not maybe afford the top end models could still jump on the GT bandwagon and DREAM
Team Scream
Psyclone, Zaskar and Xizang - Steel, Aluminium and Titanium. All three are up there and were drooled over when they came out. Name me other manufacturers that have produced 3 such bikes in these 3 materials that were such massive commercial and competitive successes.
Paint Jobs, early GT's had paint schemes that were simply crazy but were bang on for the times and were very very cool. Left some of the other manufacturers looking a bit bland and 'not with it'
The old frames are still going strong and not as fragile as supposedly better made and more exclusive brands. It's still a common sight to see GT's from the early 90's being ridden

And as those in the know will tell you, any GT was faster as it had 'GT' on it ;)

Now tell me why they aren't cool?

jez-4-bikes-max":15ovmvno said:
I remember back in the day GT's were always the bikes that were reduced to clear...

;)
Convincing argument...

Well when I say convincing, I guess I mean mildly persuasive.

When I say mildly persuasive, really I mean complete non-sequitur ;-)

:) but doesn't answer the question. Tell me why they aren't cool?

Also in your opinion answer these.

Is the GT RTS Team cool or not?
Is the Xizang, Zaskar and Psyclone cool or not?
A better one for you. Is a GT Psyclone in Team Scream cool or NOT?

If NOT, why?

psyclone_001.jpg

The choice is yours ;)

Gadro":2r5zz8fo said:
doctor-bond

Vauxhall Nova not cool......., back in 1990 the Nova GSi and earlier GTE were seen by many teens as being one of the coolest cars on the road. I had a brand new spanking H plate not to dissimilar to this one but in a nice dark silver colour :cool:

civicshowpics002.jpg

Sorry, but that ugly thing is hardly a good advert for cool...

The 164 parked in front of it is however unquestionably cool :cool:

GT-Tequesta.jpg

Easy to say NOT COOL - Why? You must have an opinion why these bikes aint cool. Is it the geometry? The tubing? etc, etc

andrewl

Trust me in 1991 it was :cool:

Back