Any help identifying this frame?

wired99

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi guys,
I bought this bike a while back on Ebay, kind of an impulsive as I was in those first vestiges of retro buying, and it turns out to be a lovely ride. Very light, responsive, and great feel. But I haven't a clue what it is as there are no markings whatsoever. What I do know is it has Campag dropouts, and beautiful scalloped seat stays that are pencil thin. Any ideas?

Pics here:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/44912217@N05/?saved=1

Cheers
Wired99[/img]

could be a 531db Raleigh clubman frame or a variant as it looks like one I had which also had no braze ons for shifters.

similar to:

0.jpg

mine had the same forks as yours.

Good call, certainly looks very similar. As I say its a lovely ride, so was hoping it was something a bit nicer than bog standard. It certainly feels like it.

Cheers!
Wired99

No no Hamster, I didn't mean to imply that at all. It's a lovely bike and meant I was glad it wasn't just bog standard!

:oops:

Wired99

Further investigation reveals a some marking on the BB shell..
I can just make them out but I think its a 'c' in a diamond <c> and what i think is 6366. above that to the right is the number '22'

Is that the same as yours legrandfromage?..

Wired99

like this?

bb_marking_416.jpg

raleigh_bb_998.jpg

lugs_174.jpg

that makes it a nicer frame as that means a cast bottom bracket shell, so you are getting to mid to high quality now.

Back