97 Alibi WIP - yawn...

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
S'funny, when you look hard at the bike you thought you had finished you just cannot seem to detail them to ultimate satisfaction!

After standing back and looking, have now decided to get the spangly Betsy stuff onto the other FSR and replace the Real levers (too much throw with the Avids) with honest to goodness silver XT kit.

First decent ride revealed a springy rear for aluminum (sic joke, guys!), but the tyres are too soft for race action, squirming like marshmallows...

Neil

PS. I know about the weeds and the DMR protector before you start....!

Attachments

• Alibi2.jpg
    Alibi2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,956
looks good to me. :D I think most people would be more than pleased to own such a lovely bike.

Forth Rail Bridge

Sorry - by 'yawn' I meant that I was still fiddling about at the edges and not committing to the 'finished product'! This was my first frame-up retrobike build from this time last year and it pains me that I cannot settle on a final spec...! Today I found a green MachineTech front hub in a box in the cellar and it has joined in the confusion/indecision... maybe retrobike building is an iterative process...?

Neil

Tired and emotional

The Ibis is no longer a garage queen thanks to a few laps of a muddy and soaking Sherwood Pines....

Adjustments now required to levers (Real's don't work too good with Arch Rivals); and the Gripshift won't get another run out in muddy race conditions - everything else was just dandy!

Neil

Attachments

• Ibis raced.jpg
    Ibis raced.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,653
Back