what was the one thing you most regret ..............

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
.................not bidding on/missing on on ebay

Well , pray tell, I 'm sure like me you are all avid ebay watchers, putting stuff you absolutely want no matter what on your watchlist and then for some reason not winning, was it your 'unicorn', a vital part to finish the buildor just something you really wanted to say 'I owned that' or 'been there done that' and then pass it on for a profit .

come on do tell :) , give a why you wanted and a why you missed it ;)

to get you all started heres mine ➡️

Psyclone_Proto.jpg

this is a one off proto GT psyclone with browning suspension................I know I will never get a chance at this ever again :cry: , reason I did'nt bid - my other unicorn, the bidding on the GT ended about 1 hour before a trimble that was in an uber poor sanded down state (hence I thought it would be a steal :roll: ) .........................it made a shocking $1250 :shock:.

the GT made about $365 :|

I hated myself for a while after that one got away, no - wait , I still do :( .

the Kona Explosif that Russell ended up getting £55 BIN... can't be dischuffed, went to a good home...

Not keeping my Klein :( Not keeping my first Trimble. Stop cycling for 15 yrs. But at least i'm back. better late than never :D

a muddy fox rock'n'roll ultimate. Full sus linked sus and went for about £100

Im quite regretting a impulse ebay purchase i made last night. Saw the title, very quickly scanned the advert failing to read the big red writing, clicked buy it now and confirm.

on closer inspection its just a little broken....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Ive agreed to go ahead with the sale, hopefully it may be possible to internally shimmed and plug welded. Only time will tell.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
JeRkY":39tntk46 said:
Im quite regretting a impulse ebay purchase i made last night. Saw the title, very quickly scanned the advert failing to read the big red writing, clicked buy it now and confirm.

on closer inspection its just a little broken....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Ive agreed to go ahead with the sale, hopefully it may be possible to internally shimmed and plug welded. Only time will tell.

bit of superglue and gaffa tape should sort that ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
JeRkY":1x1qqjzw said:
Im quite regretting a impulse ebay purchase i made last night.

Ditto that! I am now the 'proud' owner of a very broken, slightly dubious Cannondale.

Whoever said "Logging onto ebay after a few beers....." is dead right!

The Fisher Competition that Bike UK had in Brighton on sale for about 18 months or something before someone bought it. 6 speed Deore XT, U-brake, Tange Prestige frame. Reduced from like £1500 to £800. Grrr.

That said, a lot of things - if you really, really wanted them, you'd have bought them. The fact that you didn't meant that you probably didn't want them *that* much. Part of my theory of life (not yet peer reviewed) - stuff you really want to do, you do. If you find a reason not to do something, you don't really want to do it.

Terry...

Dont really regret much......

Maybe not taking full advantage of the cheap Swobo gear when Carrati stopped selling it......oh and not buying a Santa Cruz built Bontrager earlier!

Stu

Back