'97 Kona Cindercone hotrod - Now with paint and decals!

Is my build retro enough?

• Yes. Were nearly in 2010 ffs!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well its kinda retro modernised...

• NO

• Its somewhere in between mate but still very cool ;)

• Total voters
10mm is quite a bit to make up and 25 to 28mm will be your lowest stack heights with the likes of Ritchey/Cane Creek who do around 28mm but m-part do the lowest i could find at 24 to 25mm (called in-line, though designed to be in-line with chunky Alu frames)

You may need to drop to a 35mm stack height stem (FSA do some) as well if yours is 40mm+

A quick looks says the 'new' hope headsets are 31.1mm so no use to you.
The ThermoSP's stack height (from a quick search) is already down at 32.5mm so not actually that heigh.

I would say there is no way you'll be able to use a spacer ;)

check the stacks though, don't take my word for it I just used google.

I think I might get one of these to match my pedals...

24984.jpg

21mm stack height including crown race. :cool: (and light too! - 65g) :shock:

Loving the Crank Bros skewers too!!

qrs_split_black.jpg

(I know its modern but its some of the best looking kit I've seen in recent years)

Don't show me the CrankBros stuff, I like it but way out of my money league.

I did know about the headset but at that low a height there has to be a compromise somewhere, (money being one thing but I forget you're in CK league :LOL: , hence why I skipped over it in my search)

Oh new pictures in before my previous post.

The bottom picture looks fine to me, it's clamped past the clamping mechanism. You need 2/3 from the top normally so a few extra mm will probably not be a problem from what other have said on here ;)

I wouldn't waste the money and headset hassle just to get some coloured spacers in. But then that's me.

I wouldn't waste the money and headset hassle just to get some coloured spacers in. But then that's me.

Its just a excuse to buy more Crank Bros Stuff I suppose...Thing is I cant afford it either! If I could Id have finished this bike by now!

Hey, things are looking up with a recent new employment. I'm a good boy you know. Santa might drop one in his stockings. Sorry, meant to say my stocking..err, this Christmas.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Looks like I'll leave the Us based Crank Bros headset then. Besides, Wiggle have it on sale at the moment with free shipping.

I started a new job today. Much needed income to support my hobbies! I hope to have this finished in a few more weeks. I'm aiming to complete by Xmas as a little prezzie from me to me :LOL:

Back