Lincolnshire Area Group

when i say "lost", i knew roughly where were were and where we needed to be, just wasnt sure where the bridleway went.

when i lived in winterton i used the bridleway regularly but they have altered it slightly and we hit it the "wrong way round".

lewis1641":1k3kjy56 said:
when i say "lost", i knew roughly where were were and where we needed to be, just wasnt sure where the bridleway went.

when i lived in winterton i used the bridleway regularly but they have altered it slightly and we hit it the "wrong way round".

tel them the truth dave,you didnt have a clue.after the map he got his sat nav out :LOL:

That's about the only place I've really had hassle,I use to take the land rover track shortcut where your supposed to follow the wall and regularly got stopped,even though following the wall there was no trail but the shortcut had a well defined doubletrack,the guy used to say we were causing errosion,after chasing after us in his Defender!It wasn't worth arguing over and I think he enjoyed the 'thrill of the chase'!

Is that at the derelict cottage? We took the right fork but then missed where it cuts back to the left and met the farmer and about 9 dogs at another derelict building on the opposite side of the field. He spun us around and told us where we were supposed to be. Went back to the first derelict cottage and he's driven round in his path churner to put us right again! He wasn't agro, just a miserable bugger. If they are that bothered why not put clearer signs up

Anyone fancy attempting the Lincoln Ride again early in the New Year?

There is the possibility of some new trails to add, just need to pre-ride them :LOL:

Also, Dave, can we make a ride of your loops?

I'm up for a lincoln ride, work permitting. We can make a ride out my end of the county but there are possibly better people to organise one. What sort of distance should it be? Are people happy with a few sections on public footpath? I've never had a problem riding them. I'm sure i could sort a route but there will probably be a bit of road involved between trails. I could do a barnetby/kirmington ride but a scunthorpe ride would probably best be organised by mjn or longun. I'm happy to do my best though

lewis1641":n16l5afs said:
I'm up for a lincoln ride, work permitting. We can make a ride out my end of the county but there are possibly better people to organise one. What sort of distance should it be? Are people happy with a few sections on public footpath? I've never had a problem riding them. I'm sure i could sort a route but there will probably be a bit of road involved between trails. I could do a barnetby/kirmington ride but a scunthorpe ride would probably best be organised by mjn or longun. I'm happy to do my best though

Dave, I think the best thing to do would be you and I meet up, do a planning ride then the pair of us can coordinate it.

Best get a route in mind of about 2hrs. Give me a few dates you can do and lets get it booked, January would be best I'd say.

Latest posts

Back