white fire mountain. UPDATED PAGE 4

the end of the road has come.

even after removing the cranks and swapping the tyres i still didnt ride this for fear of damaging it. thats no way to treat a bike. as such it has been stripped and sold off.

i cant really use it as art as the mrs doesnt appreciate it so its sat in the spare room, gathering dust.

i am pleased i built it and i would do another to this standard when i have more cash but i would start with a frame of a much higher quality.

the sentiment of this frame is also something that i struggled with. yes i have had it for more than half my life but its no different from hundreds of thousands of other 18 inch fire mountain frames built for the 1995 model year.

at the end of the day as soon as the blaster made his first pass of grit over the skinny tubes, the tales that each scratch told were removed. with it the uniqueness of this frame (for me) was also removed.

i am sure its new owner, who ever that may be will love it as much as i did. they will kick themselves when they first scratch it but that first scratch will tell a story once more.

where the hell did that come from.

goodbye old friend

i did. kind of regret it now but it wasnt getting used. i have the chain and rear mech! oh the seatpost lives on in my rts.

the new owner of the frame is on the forum and it is being rebuilt into a stunner again so it will be back

Back