Cool Wall - GT Bicycles

• Cool

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
See the problem is, you're equating cool with things that were objectively good, plus had a bit of character.

Now such things may well have been cool too - but they weren't cool because of that.

As many people have tried saying in this thread, cool isn't about exlusivity, excellence, character, or even being particularly good. It's a certain ethereal quality, something that had zeitgeist.

As an example, there's many, truly awful cars, that are cool. Same for bikes. And there's many truly excellent cars, that aren't in the slightest bit cool - same for bikes. Are you seeing theme developing there?

Neil":3tt6jmc1 said:
As many people have tried saying in this thread, cool isn't about exlusivity, excellence, character, or even being particularly good. It's a certain ethereal quality, something that had zeitgeist.
I agree with you, but it still don't make GT's any cooler IMO.

sinnett177":2tslpmem said:
Neil":2tslpmem said:
I agree with you
I'm glad we've got that settled then.
sinnett177":2tslpmem said:
but it still don't make GT's any cooler IMO.
No problem - I can live with other people having a different opinion - even when it's wrong ;-)

MJN":17jmqtkw said:
Ok,now we have 2 crazy folks! :LOL:
Now, see - crazy? That's cool.

Sanity is such a drag... (kudos if anyone knows the band / track - without looking it up!)

Neil":3px0rryy said:
MJN":3px0rryy said:

Sanity is such a drag... (kudos if anyone knows the band / track - without looking it up!)

Icehouse from their Man of Colours CD or Seal had a hit with Crazy. There are many others I'm sure.

SF Klein":3421rtne said:
Neil":3421rtne said:
MJN":3421rtne said:

Icehouse from their Man of Colours CD or Seal had a hit with Crazy. There are many others I'm sure.
The only one that matters: Aerosmith - Farm (from Nine Lives)...

;-)

they did it so well

what the hell is going on here...

first rule about being cool is you don't talk about being cool

so, GT has fallen back down to just 50%

uhoh ;)

Coolness is in the eye of the beholder!!!

I think GTs are cool but others may not and thats just the way it is.

Back