Dekerf Mountain Project

Dr S":11rcuqpn said:
You do like making life difficult for yourself Kaiser :roll:

How about chopping off the rear end completely and welding on mounts to take an AMP rear end- very easy to do. Hey presto, a unique DeKerf/AMP period full susser.

I can measure and send templates for the conversion if you like?

Its no fun if its too easy :LOL: I think I'll stick to a faithful resto at the moment but a retro modded amp'd frame....... :)

Sure its not real pretty at the moment, but I think repairing is definitely a real option.

I've seen a lot worse repaired

Rampage":1z27ocxh said:
Thats a nice frame!
Any news?

News is I need to go back to school :) I'll need to glom a bit more framebuilding knowledge before having a go.

GoldenEraMTB":1scpz19j said:
oh man...another project...how do you find the time???

no, seriously, I need pointers :D

:LOL: Idon't have the time, this one is a bit down the line. I'm finishing a modern then getting back to the Yo thenI'll have a start at this. Definite slow burner.

andrewl":1nr0h9z0 said:
Sure its not real pretty at the moment, but I think repairing is definitely a real option.

I've seen a lot worse repaired

I think it'll be worth it, it was never really a financial project just something to get into.

Put it on the very back burner, save your cash until you can go on a frame builders course, I've seen at loeast 2 but it costs about a grand. You are just the guy for being a frame builder, handy technically and very pernickety :LOL:

velomaniac":2cm6xj7l said:
Put it on the very back burner, save your cash until you can go on a frame builders course, I've seen at loeast 2 but it costs about a grand. You are just the guy for being a frame builder, handy technically and very pernickety :LOL:

:D one day I might, I was going to try to teach myself but the more you read the more there is to it. I'll get the mancave sorted and I have almost secured most of the gear I need then give it a bash. I was going to start with a few other bits but we'll see :)

Latest posts

Back