• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Come join us in Big Ecks backyard as we ride the Broxburn Shale Bing. This is an Ayers Rock lookalike of red gravel/sand extracted from West Lothians Shale mines. The place looks like a hill on the surface of Mars with steep climbs and descents, numerous jumps and drop offs etc. Good for mucking around on as numerous mtb'ers and motocrossers can testify :D

Im watching this! ;)
Weather dependant this though, as your pretty much up on top of a hill with little shelter if it chucks it,
(unless theres a cave is there Eck?) :LOL:

G

any sunday after tomorrow if fine with me :D :D

only shelter really close is the canal bridge or the trees :LOL:

Title of this thread wurries me :roll:

Despite having commuted on my ropey PUCH CAVALIER in Glasgow for a few years (until i discovered motorsickles :roll: ) I have never ever ridden a Bing :LOL:

PS - are they good fun :p

Yes but often steep, body armour often useful for inevitable crashes.
Lowlanders highland playground basically without the deer, sheep and heather :LOL:

Jeez- I used to pass Broxburn Bings about once every month when I was younger, going to swimming competitions............who'd have thought the problematic eyesores would be just the ticket thirty years later.
Wish they had boingy bikes then.......... :p

I popped up for a nosey on tuesday,
I used to play about on one of the bigger ones YEARS ago on my CR80 (when I was 12-13), but this one is nicely suited to pushbikes, not mammoth in size with exhausting impossible climbs :roll:
It Truly looks like an amazing place for a few hours just knobbing around :cool: :cool: ;) :D

G

Back