1992 Dynatech Diablo DX

Davedownhill

MacRetro Rider
Ebay find from a while back, just added Atac stem but I'm not keen on how high it makes the front end...

Seems to have been upgraded to XT hubs/Campag rims at about the time it was bought too. Stuck on a Flite and some Suntour SE canti's on the rear, and swapped the Smoke Lites for modern rubber

This beastie has already scalped several modern full sussers at Glentress- love the look on guys faces when they offer to let you past, only to find this going past ('twas SS'ed at the time too...)

DSCF2457.jpg

DSCF2446.jpg

DSCF2456.jpg

Very nice. The last time I saw one of those was at the 1992 NEMBA series race in Lyme Park.
Looks to be in good condition too and good to hear it's getting ridden.

Was in very good nick when I got it, so trying not too hurt it too much.
I'll probably SS it again soon, cos it rides better that way, those old cassettes weigh a ton and do nothing for the handling!
Have been hassled to add V's but it wouldn't be right- less of a challenge!

Davedownhill":20sybkl3 said:
Was in very good nick when I got it, so trying not too hurt it too much.
I'll probably SS it again soon, cos it rides better that way, those old cassettes weigh a ton and do nothing for the handling!
Have been hassled to add V's but it wouldn't be right- less of a challenge!
Damn right! Keep it canti.

Thats in stunning condition, really like the colours of that tubeset too.

Nice riding bikes too, have you ever rode anything that accelerates as fast? The whip of the rear stays is just awesome on these.

Yea, I was surprised at how well it rode, I remember them getting a bit of a slating when introduced as a bit of a gimmick with the titanium of such low quality. That and having never been a raleigh fan after riding one of the early bonded technium things where the front end felt attached to the rest of the bike by plasticine...
Its a quick bike even by todays standards!

nice bike ....but i would say that ive got three, one is on a big diet at the moment ready for spring

Back