• Cool

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sinnett177":3vbndyvx said:
Quick question, as it stands 51% of people think GT are cool and 49% of people say they are only ok or uncool. If the percentage of people thinking they are ok or uncool increases to 50%, will GT's still be classed as cool despite 50% of people thinking they ain't?
Ignore me!

Just had a read back and seems others are thinking the same. Must be a reaction to the thought GT's might actually be cool!

28u00og.jpg

i think they are cool.

sinnett177":3jwszlm4 said:
Quick question, as it stands 51% of people think GT are cool and 49% of people say they are only ok or uncool. If the percentage of people thinking they are ok or uncool increases to 50%, will GT's still be classed as cool despite 50% of people thinking they ain't?

John covered it ;)

Now - Yeti as a brand is cool. We all know this.

We know Fat as a brand is/was cool.

Pace? Yes, pretty cool.

But GT? :shock: Come on people put your sensible hats back on...

;) :D

jez-4-bikes-max":wzabdcqp said:
Now - Yeti as a brand is cool. We all know this.

We know Fat as a brand is/was cool.

Pace? Yes, pretty cool.

But GT? :shock: Come on people put your sensible hats back on...

;) :D
Actually, some of those makes you've mentioned as cool - well aspirational - tick, excellent - tick, but cool - that's a completely different thing.

Cool isn't about exclusivity, excellence, kudos, or anything like that. That's why when you watch Top Gear, cars move from cool to uncool, why some cars that car nuts would naturally think were cool, are decidedly uncool.

Being cool doesn't necessarily mean it's a good bike. It's quite unrelated. A Raleigh Mustang is a cool bike. But good? Competent?

You need to rethink it a bit, 'cos cool doesn't mean what people seem to think it does.

even though I think the term is a bit tedious, now

jez-4-bikes-max":3tpa6egx said:
Sorry - Im not really in tune with you thinking a Raleigh Mustang is a 'cool bike'.

:LOL:

+1 :LOL: :LOL: its a Raleigh, Raleigh and cool, never gonna happen. I fear you've lost any credibility Neil :LOL:

A Raleigh Mustang is NOT a cool bike,sorry Neil,you've just lost all 'cool' credability! ;)

Sorry - you're all wrong ;-)

A Raliegh Mustang, in lilac-purple fade - dead cool - that's just how it is.

Not good, not useful, certainly not a competent MTB, but that's irrelevant to what cool is all about. They were, and still are - most certainly - cool. I've ruled on this, and it stands, no take-backs.

Cool isn't about being good, exclusive, well made, or anything like objective factors. It's about feel, an emotion, not an objective measure.

Most of the really good MTBs aren't cool bikes. There very good, they may have oodles of character, they may be exceptional pieces of machinery - but that doesn't make them cool - that's just flawed thinking.

Back