Does anyone else..................

You are a lucky man Rody .

Trouble is my wife is not at all into bikes .

I ve bought her a nice one but it doesnt get much use , and she is a bit stressed with the baby coming and the house purchase .

more important things to buy she says .........

sad thing is she is probably right at this moment in time . ;)

Mine's really a space issue - I've got my own money to spend on bikes, but if I can't fit them all in the house without them being immediately apparent to visitors then I'll have problems. That's why I'm limited to 4 bikes at the moment, and I really don't want to think about the situation later in the year when we move to London.

I have a friend (andy) who told his wife last week, "you'd leave before the bikes". :roll:
strong words but I know hes not lying :shock:

I know a lot of people with over 10bikes, several with over 20, a few with over 30 & a minority with over 40... so dont feel too bad guys ;)

When I'm found in the study doing something involving grease, ball bearings, polishing rags and an anodized bike part, eye-rolling and a gently patronising pat on the head is the general response!

I think it's now accepted (though not understood!) that while I'm sure into bikes, and riding bikes, what I'm really into is bike bits!

Course, she's into rowing, kayaking, canoeing and dragon-boating (in that order, pretty much), and while her boats are all kept at their respective club-houses, there's still enough leftover bits and bobs (paddles, roofracks, strapping, whatever) to outnumber my bike bits by a good 10 to 1! Guess I gotta try harder!

LOL at the valley girl arguement!!
Having spent a few years in Swansea am quite familiar :D

I think I have a wife of two minds. There are times she is great. Lets me spend a fortune on bikes I really don't need, and sometimes encourages me :shock: . However, I do get comments about ' that red bike you were going to split and sell (Fat Buck)' and ' what else is there you can sell?'
Admittedly, needed to sell one bike when number five just came along - that was the condition. I kind of agreed 5 was maybe more than needed :cry: This one was also three times the price though, so fair deal :D

I like the safe house idea. Maybe just have a place we can all store bits before choosing the right moment to declare :roll:
Or just add things to Jez collection..

The number of bikes (4) has never really been a problem for me. Its my hobby/past time/thing. The cost is a different issue. Bikies don't wonder why you own a bike collection worth X number of pounds, they understand. Its non bikies, who spend £99 on a bike, that always wonder how you can spend so much. I've given up telling how much they are worth and i don't feel like i have to justify it. ;)

Hah. This thread strikes achord with most here I'd imagine.

My missus is generally pretty cool about the whole bike thing. Still get most stuff delivered to work though :D

Back