RITCHEY WCS

tshzg

Retro Guru
HI can any one help,restoring a frame, a merlin from the early/mid 90s when ther MALT 3 was made of ritchey wcs tubing
like an idiot i got it resprayed in team ritchey colours before i thought about tubing decals
looked all over the net no-one has them including ritchey,cant even find any pictures of them to download
long shot but does anyone have one or could anyone email a good quality photo so i can get one made up
gonna build it up with 8 speed lx group ,early hope disc set and pace carbon forks
thanks in advance
tony

tshzg

indeed guilty as charged a regular ebayer,i buy restore , ride a while the move on-hopfully at small profit but usually at cost high end road and mtbs from the early/mid 90s
quite well known in the trade as the ebay guy-featured in the trade mag in the article on selling on line as the bike tinkerer
i know my wife calls me somthing else and am fairly certain the postman curses me every other day
more often than not stuff i used to dream about owning in younger days, bianchi,colnago k2,rsp,various cannondales-must be the roadie in me but i do keep getting drawn back to colnagos(thats what 3 generations of roadies does for you)mind you i slipped over to the dark(muddy )side
to my eternal shame my first mtb was a dayglow pink(please remember it was 1990) 531 framed peugeot 18 speed tank used to race xc on
cheers
tony

by supprt arm i assume you mean the one that bolts onto the rear brake boss and braces the rear caliper and the caliper fits onto the back axle
a complete heath robinson invention but suprisingly works quite well
unfortunatley i just have the one and hopfully it will fit on the project i am rebuilding
see earlier posts but ebay is a wonderfull hunting ground for weird and ancient stuff, try america (get it via surface mail in 5 weeks as opposed to air which is stupidly expensive)
depending on your language skills france,germany(really good for old stuff but they dont like paypal very much) and italy
on the decal front a nice american from these very pages is sending a high res scan of a wcs tube decal
when i have built the bike will hope to post some pictures
tony

sorry see what you mean ,mines very similar but maybe corners etc been smoothed out a bit but same sort of design

Back