Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
so adding the 49% and the28% together GT'S are cool

why are konas cool? mebee real old joe murray ones but if gt are only
considered for the pre-2000 ones shurely only real early konas can be
eligable . kona as a brand wern't independent for long and as most these
days are made in korea (well known center of mtb coolness) i think that
sucks any coolness out of them

I have never owned a GT until last week, I have fallen in love with this one and would love to have a team avalanche beside, The paint work on this puppy is absolutley stunning, real 90's effort I feel which nowadays gets fogotten as computer designed decals are so much easier ??

I am going for a blast with my brother on this today :cool: more detailed pics please click on sig linky

GTQuatrefoilDXNov2009001.jpg

GTQuatrefoilDXNov2009010.jpg

Gadro":2f0o6r93 said:
I await someone's negative response to the above pics and how a manufacturer that produced such frames and bikes

IMHO these pics support both sides of the argument about GTs.

The Xizang - cool if you ignore the fact that it's not built up and has Spins and weenie stuff on it - which were never intended by GTs design team. Supports the proponents of the "too nichey" argument.

The BMX - can't judge as I know nothing about BMX.

The Steampunk thing is quirky and designwise interesting - I think I even voted for it in BOTM. But it's not cool. Again supports the "too nicheys".

The downhill beast is indeed proof positive of GTs innovation. But it's not cool. Unless you like tractors.

The Avalanche however will probably be very cool when it's finished. Solid kit with race pedigree, yet still discrete and not ostentatious.

I'm sitting on the fence in this posting BTW. It's not meant as a criticism as such.

Quick question, as it stands 51% of people think GT are cool and 49% of people say they are only ok or uncool. If the percentage of people thinking they are ok or uncool increases to 50%, will GT's still be classed as cool despite 50% of people thinking they ain't?

Latest posts

Back